Great drunks

I remember that - apparently he had a ‘heart condition’ which required beta blockers but they were not allowed in snooker cos they took the match nerves away. So Bill said the only substitute was a shit load of beer! He got away with it for a while too :-)
You've just reminded me of another 'great drunk' Alex Higgins. I saw him in a chippy in Stalybridge not long before be died. He was absolutely shitfaced and riddled with cancer. It wasn't a pretty site seeing a former snooker hero of mine like that : (

I remember that - apparently he had a ‘heart condition’ which required beta blockers but they were not allowed in snooker cos they took the match nerves away. So Bill said the only substitute was a shit load of beer! He got away with it for a while too :-)
A mate of mine is like that playing darts, can’t hit the board until he’s 20 pints in, then turns into Phil the power Taylor, fuck knows how he’s still alive, great lad though

Obviously a man of my own age, this was the first name that came to mind, rumour was he had a "medical condition" which meant he had to down a gallon of lager before starting a match as otherwise his hands shook too much

I employed that same tactic whilst playing snooker with my pals who were better players. unfortunately for me after ten pints I ended up picking up a red ball that I missed an easy pot and threw it at my mate knocking him the fuck out. I never meant to hit him but double vision can be tricky.

Luckily after he came too he saw the funny side. Ok it took a while, about four years but we got there.

Just seen a clip of Ricky Hatton in a bar absolutely out of his head.
Quite disturbing really.

You've just reminded me of another 'great drunk' Alex Higgins. I saw him in a chippy in Stalybridge not long before be died. He was absolutely shitfaced and riddled with cancer. It wasn't a pretty site seeing a former snooker hero of mine like that : (

Sad thing about Alex Higgins is that after all the cancer battles, alcoholism etc the poor bugger died from malnutrition!

Er...

tumblr_ord0kfhZ121qieyffo7_r1_250.gif

The thread title states GREAT drunks, there is nowt great about that drunk. Please remove your offensive post. (wow I typed that and felt like a Mod !!)

The thread title states GREAT drunks, there is nowt great about that drunk. Please remove your offensive post. (wow I typed that and felt like a Mod !!)
It's possible to be a great drunk i.e. a big one but also a ****.

In that respect he is indeed in the thread correctly.

Colin Milburn
Oh, that reminds me. Years ago, in a hotel bar in Leeds, I saw Milburn putting away shorts like there was no tomorrow. Went out to bat for England at Headingley the next day. Didn't do too well, iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.