******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
great cricket is missing the point ?? we only won the world cup on more boundaries than new zealand and did not win the ashes ???

its simple you play to win, ok it will go down as winning the ODI world cup 2019 but how close was it to losing the world cup ?? then the ashes and the team selections and jimmy was not used in the ireland game knowing the injury was 20/80 at best of clearing up in time, so they played him in the first ashes test with that chance of losing him early ??? and he lasts 4 overs and down to 2 main bowlers, then picking moeen ali over a full time spinners leach who made 92 in the game before ?? then leaving curran out until the last test and had smith in all sorts of trouble with being a left arm bowler ??

look paper over the cracks with the ODI world cup win if you like ?? but the Aussies was here for the taking and winning back the ashes even without jimmy anderson, if we had played leach curran archer from the start i think we would have beat them and won that first test when we had them 128/8 and a full attacking bowling unit

so not for me ?? its been poor cricket all summer and bad selection by the ECB selectors and only one or two from both sides made the difference in the summer, the rest was just shocking at times and a puzzle watching so called world class players batting so badly it was school boys stuff at times, roy buttler root bairstow wide open defences and shocking batting, it was that bad at times england looked they was never going to make 100 runs GREAT SUMMER OF CRICKET MY ARSE

God you’re fucking miserable.

Did you moan about only winning the league on goal difference after Aguero lashed it home in 2012?

Yup, you are of course right Ancoats, we should all ignore what the England Captain said, and what the Australian Captain said. We should ignore all of the pundits from Oz and the UK (Ponting, Gower, Botham, Agnew, Maxwell, Vaughan) who unanimously lauded a great summer of cricket. We should ignore the hundreds of thousands of spectators who went to watch live cricket (many for the first time in their lives), and we need to ignore the millions who watched on tv and listened on the radio.

We should ignore what many, including Alistair Cook and Geoff Boycott (two of the greatest ever openers for England) called the greatest batting display they had ever seen. We should ignore a young lad bowling at 95+ mph in his first ashes series, we should ignore the second biggest haul of runs by an individual in 4 Test matches since Viv Richards and we should ignore some amazingly athletic pieces of catching in the field. We should even ignore only the 5th tied world cup game ever.

We should ignore the thousands of people across the UK who, wherever they happened to be, at a local cricket game, at a county cricket match, at the football, at the beach, at music festivals and those in the pubs up and down the country, all stopped what they were doing to watch or listen to two moments of intense sporting intrigue,and edge of the seat excitement and drama that literally stopped the country for a few moments.

We should ignore all that, we should ignore it and listen to you, a boring, one trick pony who only ever moans about cricket, who never says anything positive and barely anything interesting, who just reels out the same boring criticisms every time a game is played. You know what mate, if you didn't enjoy this summer for the Great Summer of Cricket that it undoubtedly was, it might just be that you don't like cricket, which is fair enough, but if that is the case, fuck off somewhere else to do your moaning.

hahahaha
am not saying am right ?? its just my view of this summer ashes ??

4th and 5th best teams in the world rankings says both teams are not the best at test cricket, and for the great summer of cricket well come on please, england talked the talk before the ashes, all the talk was if we don't win the ashes back then the ODI world cup win will mean nothing, it was not my words but the england captain root and stokes views ??

all am saying is england are poor at test cricket and australia are just as bad and we could not beat them in our own back yard, love Geoff Boycott and his views and its was not all very good before the 5th test and england drawing 2.2 with them covered the very big gap from the top 3 other teams and i would bet anything if england had not won the 5th test the shit would have hit the fan big time by them so called pundits, england should be the best team in the world at cricket in all formats and if not top them 2nd at worst ?? but for the last 5 years the ECB have done nothing to build a future in test cricket the line up is all over the place, and for batting how many are in the test team on merit and not because they did well in the ODI world cup

england have a great chance to build something and with archer and curran leach and broad and batting and opening the bat burns denly should be given that role for the next 2 years, but i would bet the ECB pick the same old farts for the winter tours and even jimmy anderson will be picked even without playing any cricket this summer ???

hahahaha
am not saying am right ?? its just my view of this summer ashes ??

4th and 5th best teams in the world rankings says both teams are not the best at test cricket, and for the great summer of cricket well come on please, england talked the talk before the ashes, all the talk was if we don't win the ashes back then the ODI world cup win will mean nothing, it was not my words but the england captain root and stokes views ??

all am saying is england are poor at test cricket and australia are just as bad and we could not beat them in our own back yard, love Geoff Boycott and his views and its was not all very good before the 5th test and england drawing 2.2 with them covered the very big gap from the top 3 other teams and i would bet anything if england had not won the 5th test the shit would have hit the fan big time by them so called pundits, england should be the best team in the world at cricket in all formats and if not top them 2nd at worst ?? but for the last 5 years the ECB have done nothing to build a future in test cricket the line up is all over the place, and for batting how many are in the test team on merit and not because they did well in the ODI world cup

england have a great chance to build something and with archer and curran leach and broad and batting and opening the bat burns denly should be given that role for the next 2 years, but i would bet the ECB pick the same old farts for the winter tours and even jimmy anderson will be picked even without playing any cricket this summer ???
1. Where does it say they have to be the best teams to produce an exciting, enthralling series???

2. I don't remember that being said, please show me, you could well be right.

3. Why? Why should England be the best or 2nd best in the world? That's extremely arrogant, and misguided. We were the best a few years back, now we aren't, so?

I'm going with the others, you're a miserable fucker! :D

1. Where does it say they have to be the best teams to produce an exciting, enthralling series???

3. Why? Why should England be the best or 2nd best in the world? That's extremely arrogant, and misguided. We were the best a few years back, now we aren't, so?

The problem is the ECB concentrate far more in the ashes as it makes money, when other Series, such as playing South Africa for number 1 test ranking was reduced to 3 games.

It is like England playing Scotland every 2 years for the football world cup if it made the most money. Cynical money making and it is killing test cricket around the world.

1, central contracts
2, just look at the interviews the pre- ashes
3, the amount of money the ECB make and all the coaches

yes I'm a miserable fucker! because of my views hahahahaha

the ashes was poor talent wise ?? and if others are happy with what they watched ok i respect that, but the truth is when the dust settles questions will be needed to asked, going forward england have a base of young and good players that need 4 or 5 new blood to come in and will the ECB see that and change ???

Last edited:
You're right, it was against Ireland, my mistake.

I maintain it was a good summer's cricket though.

if you see it that way that's your view, and am not going to rip it a part because i feel different ?? but the media and some of the pundits are going over board on saying the best summer of cricket and ashes ever ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.