The back four isn’t title winning quality

You're wrong and I'll explain why. This is a discussion forum where people discuss, rant, rave and get it off their chest. It is the online version of the pub pre internet days, probably a little more ordered as you can measure your response uninterrupted and in peace and quiet. Everytime people do just that though the same boring old lines are trotted out. 'Grow some bollocks, man up, what were you like when we were shit, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you" and on and on. What utter tosh.

Here we do dissect games and individual performances. We get angry after the likes of Saturday's,thankfully rare these days, poor performance. We get it out of our system, regroup and go to the next game and get behind the lads 100%. The players are non the wiser unless they are on here incognito reading posts.

Success hasn't made us spoilt, or suddenly highly critical, or expect too much. We have ALWAYS been that way, as are football fans of every club. Forums such as this actually mean the players get an easier ride come match day. All the disappointment and frustration is spent by the time the next game comes around.

Before our success and being "Spoilt" we were all staunch loyal fans who never criticised or gave the team or individuals stick, that's how the story seem to go eh? Wrong! I remember being at Maine Road on more than one occasion when 30,000+ sang in unison, " What the f****k is going on??!!" And " You're not fit to wear the shirt!" Where a player, Richard Edghill, who after making a couple of costly mistakes against Coventry, was booed so unmercifully everytime he touched the ball he was substituted at half time. When a fan was so enraged as we stumbled to yet another mediocre defeat at home to Bury he went onto the pitch, ripped his season ticket up and threw it onto the ground.

So this forum is just that a forum. Having a rant, slagging the players or the manager off on occasion doesn't make anyone disloyal, or mean they have given up on the team or certain individuals, or the title race. It's just a place to release some frustration. We all want the same, the best for our club and success and many of us will be there on Saturday roaring the lads on against Watford. This is the way it has always been and always will be.

Finally, although I quoted you in this post it isn't personal, your post just highlighted some of the things that get trotted out often when people discuss a poor performance or a defeat and I wanted to address it.

Who mentioned disloyalty etc..

Personally after one defeat I think we have some who react way over the top.

If that is anger or frustration or whatever, they need to hold back as that will subside after a few hours or a day or so.

Some make outlandish statements that once said or written down make them look stupid later on. That is their choice but as you say this is a forum.

Stunned that this thread has reached 30 pages. We've just won the Premier League with Walker and Zinchenko as full-backs, Stones and Otamendi more than played their parts in the 2018 and 2019 successes, and we have Fernandinho to fill in as and when. Amazing what happens when we lose a game sometimes.

Over reaction from people becoming spoilt with amazing football in the last 2 seasons. The back 4 weren't alone in Saturdays downfall, the defending from the front and the space between the lines caused most of the issues. They tried to stem this by strangely dropping Dave closer with Rodri and Gundogan closer to Aguero, i can see what they were maybe trying to do but it in hindsight it should have been the other way round.

A bit of work on the training ground between Otamendi and Stone, i think we'll be OK. Neither of them are very good at playing on the left side but i think Otamendi has played there the most (in the 100 point season) so he should take that spot.
You might have a bit of a point. International week, and the build up to Champions League week creates problems. Too many players lose focus and have their head in the clouds. Probably a combination of things.

For the first time in 2 seasons now though City have an air of defensive weakness. That's not down to the fans. The fans react to what they see on the pitch.

I am sure there is a solution and it may involve both Ota and Stones but we have to tighten up defensively and do so very quickly otherwise the league will be gone. The first task is to keep a clean sheet in the Ukraine and build from there. I would give Garcia time over the next two games, regardless of whether he is sticking with Stones and Ota. You can do both over two games back to back.

We've now got to go 4 months with just Stones and Ota, and one will quite likely get injured so the quicker we get games into Garcia the better.

Stunned that this thread has reached 30 pages. We've just won the Premier League with Walker and Zinchenko as full-backs, Stones and Otamendi more than played their parts in the 2018 and 2019 successes, and we have Fernandinho to fill in as and when. Amazing what happens when we lose a game sometimes.
They have to prove that they can play as a unit. Losing does indeed create doubt. That is what the game is about.

The more appropriate critical points are arguing that there are solutions, and it may not just be a central defensive problem. Score first, take our chances and we don't end up chasing a game.

Who mentioned disloyalty etc..

Personally after one defeat I think we have some who react way over the top.

If that is anger or frustration or whatever, they need to hold back as that will subside after a few hours or a day or so.

Some make outlandish statements that once said or written down make them look stupid later on. That is their choice but as you say this is a forum.

I slipped disloyal in there because that is the implication of some if anyone has a rant. As I said I quoted yourself but it was because some of the things you mentioned crop up time and time again in other posts, I wasn't just responding ad verbatim to your post but in general.

It's always been the case, it is cathartic to rant, over the top or not. Looking at it later does it look an over reaction? Of course, even more so when if at the end of the season we have won the league or treble like last season. Holding back isn't what most football fans do. It is an emotional sport, if everyone held back this forum would be the written version of var, a lot would be lost.

You might have a bit of a point. International week, and the build up to Champions League week creates problems. Too many players lose focus and have their head in the clouds. Probably a combination of things.

For the first time in 2 seasons now though City have an air of defensive weakness. That's not down to the fans. The fans react to what they see on the pitch.

I am sure there is a solution and it may involve both Ota and Stones but we have to tighten up defensively and do so very quickly otherwise the league will be gone. The first task is to keep a clean sheet in the Ukraine and build from there. I would give Garcia time over the next two games, regardless of whether he is sticking with Stones and Ota. You can do both over two games back to back.

We've now got to go 4 months with just Stones and Ota, and one will quite likely get injured so the quicker we get games into Garcia the better.
I don't think this is the first time the back four have come under scrutiny, it happened last season as well. Reaction from fans is what football is about, but over reaction is something we've come to expect from other teams and is creeping into our own fans now, which is strange considering how much success we've had.

Either way, whether it's this season or the next, i think we all have complete and utter faith in Pep and whatever decision he makes. He'll obsess over it until he get's it right.

I slipped disloyal in there because that is the implication of some if anyone has a rant. As I said I quoted yourself but it was because some of the things you mentioned crop up time and time again in other posts, I wasn't just responding ad verbatim to your post but in general.

It's always been the case, it is cathartic to rant, over the top or not. Looking at it later does it look an over reaction? Of course, even more so when if at the end of the season we have won the league or treble like last season. Holding back isn't what most football fans do. It is an emotional sport, if everyone held back this forum would be the written version of var, a lot would be lost.

Let's hope we do not lose Wednesday.

A mod better be ready with the number for the samaritans if we do

Let's hope we do not lose Wednesday.

A mod better be ready with the number for the samaritans if we do

Its always been that way for a lot of fans. The same might be said for the over the top reaction to fans over the top reaction to defeat, no?

Its always been that way for a lot of fans. The same might be said for the over the top reaction to fans over the top reaction to defeat, no?

No.

I just think they are idiots. If we are being honest here.

They are not actually helpful to the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.