General Videogame Thread

Took the plunge and bought Borderlands 3.

Glad I did. Easily the best Borderlands game. Gunplay is much improved, graphics are superb in 4k and there is a ton of content and microtransactions only for cosmetics.

I can myself playing this for a long time.

Highly recommended

Absolutely brilliant mate and I'm only half way through the story :)

Elite Dangerous is fantastic. Not played for a while as my Elite controller developed stick drift. Preordered the new Elite 2 controller and am getting back into the game in anticipation of its arrival on Nov 4th. Bloody expensive for a controller at £160 but makes the game 10 times better.
Thought I was the only Bluemooner who played this!

Haven't they released HOTAS stick for the XBox One now? If so I'd recommened it - I use a flight stick for my PS4 and PC accounts and it mkes the game so much more immersive.

Haven't they released HOTAS stick for the XBox One now? If so I'd recommened it - I use a flight stick for my PS4 and PC accounts and it mkes the game so much more immersive.
Nope there are more, but haven’t been on it for about 6 months. Is the new content any good ?

I like to play slouched on the couch or lay on the bed so a controller is the way to go for me I think.
The xbox one HOTAS looks cheap and nasty and doesn't have great reviews either. The Elite controller with the four extra rear paddles and customisation is great for me.

Last edited:
The xbox one HOTAS looks cheap and nasty and doesn't have great reviews either.
Yeah, the PS4 one isn't great. Console players are getting short changed on this; I'd happily fork out for a more robust HOTAS.

Nope there are more, but haven’t been on it for about 6 months. Is the new content any good ?
Well I took a bit of a hiatus after joining the Distant Worlds 2 expedition, got married halfway through and fell behind the fleet as was too busy to play. Ship was stuck other side of Sag A. and I couldn't be arsed to move it back to the bubble. Finally did it last week and I'm excited about these fleet carriers (less so about the inevitable grind that will be needed to get one). I've noticed some improvements to exploration though, particularly around how points of interest are easier to find. Played for a couple of hours last night visiting crash sites and remembered just how much I love this game, despite its flaws.

My copy of the latest PES arrived today.

As a dreadful player of PES (and video games in general) the clunky/realistic gameplay doesn’t seem to suit my counter-attacking style. I’ve only played two games thus far though.

I know Konami are in partnership with United for this year’s edition but it’s strange to see McTominay on the front cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.