#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit strange after he said he didn’t want foden to be shy. Now he’s probably told pep and not been shy and he gets dropped .

If you're an optimist, maybe Pep is happy that Foden has finally stood up and demanded something, but he's had to discipline him because you can't have a row with the manager in front of everyone and be seen to get your way instantly.

It's shit or get off the pot time.

It's all well and good saying "he just needs to be patient and he'll get his chance!". He's been patient for an entire season, performed in the limited opportunities he's been given, had Pep and the board waxing lyrical about him in the press/interviews, it's time to consider him just as much of an option as our other CM's.

With Fernandinho now more or less a permanent CB for the next couple of months at least, Gundogan should be utilised solely as a 6 rotating with Rodri, where he actually performs for us, and his game time as an 8 should be going to Foden.

If his performances aren't up to scratch after a run of league/CL games, fair enough, but he's not being given a fair crack of the whip right now to force his way into the starting line up.

Watford at home after a midweek trip to Ukraine is exactly the sort of fixture he should be starting in. No excuses.

Well, he was always going to say that wasn't he? He's hardly going to say 'I had a pretty vocal disagreement with Foden in training and to make a point i've left him out of the squad for a week' is he? Especially considering we all know he'll always defend his players publicly in press conferences. He's said that a thousand times.

Anyway, I really don't mind if people believe me or not. Press conferences though... pinch of salt.
Pep challenged him just about 3wks ago to stop being so shy and force his way into the team,he said he was giving him too much respect as the manager and after 3 yrs there is no need,phil responded with a great international performance,i doubt very much there has been a row if phil has come back more assertive,unles he is f'ing and blinding at pep i can't see there being a problem

I think it was the choice of words tbh. Pep's a ridiculously proud man and can be very touchy.

Didn't realise you were in Pep's inner circle. You seem to know him so well.

From the outside he's never come across as overly touchy.

I think it was the choice of words tbh. Pep's a ridiculously proud man and can be very touchy.

Cheers for sharing your info today. I appreciate that ruffling the feathers of the more delicate posters with any news other than sunshine and rainbows can lead to a few tedious responses.

Didn't realise you were in Pep's inner circle. You seem to know him so well.

From the outside he's never come across as overly touchy.

Pep's a genius. A great man, but he's also very proud - which clearly makes him what he is. Look at his reaction to the 'fraudiola' stuff from two years. He remembers that garbage nonsense as his perception clearly bothers him. I'm honestly not arsed, but there's no point pretending he's absolutely perfect all of the time. No one is. And no, i'm not in his inner circle. I just know a few very, very well connected people.

Pep's a genius. A great man, but he's also very proud - which clearly makes him what he is. Look at his reaction to the 'fraudiola' stuff from two years. He remembers that garbage nonsense as his perception clearly bothers him. I'm honestly not arsed, but there's no point pretending he's absolutely perfect all of the time. No one is. And no, i'm not in his inner circle. I just know a few very, very well connected people.

Also a man of integrity, so I wouldn't expect him to bullshit to the media about why Phil hasn't travelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.