#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be another season where he'll be underused and I don't know how to feel about it. Long gone are the days you could feel proud of young English players who force their way through, it's a business first and foremost and priorities aren't youth development for virtue but for profit.

It’s not just that Foden is not getting chances and time on the pitch he is also wasting a place on the bench now. If pep doesn’t want to play him then fine but to not bring him on to get game time is different . There could be another place on the bench for a player that pep has more confidence to use

With stones injury if fern goes into a back four I expect Foden could be dropped from the bench as well as we may need to blood one of the young centre halves.

This will be another season where he'll be underused and I don't know how to feel about it. Long gone are the days you could feel proud of young English players who force their way through, it's a business first and foremost and priorities aren't youth development for virtue but for profit.
How do you know what is going to happen this season? we are 5 games in,how about wait and see what happens

How do you know what is going to happen this season? we are 5 games in,how about wait and see what happens

How about I have an opinion and voice it on the board? Again, it will be more of the same this season and most people wont be overly surprised.

Also a man of integrity, so I wouldn't expect him to bullshit to the media about why Phil hasn't travelled.

Why? He literally said in the documentary that he will always defend players in press conferences, regardless. Even if he'd fallen out with a player, he'd never say it. Remember when he said in a press conference he wasn't bothered by Mendy missing a physio appointment last season? Said 'he's not his father' and maybe the traffic was bad on the Sunday etc in the press conference...and he then banned Mendy from the training ground for a week and was incredibly hard-lined with him. Managers treat press conferences however they want to treat them.

Cheers for sharing your info today. I appreciate that ruffling the feathers of the more delicate posters with any news other than sunshine and rainbows can lead to a few tedious responses.

Thanks. I've no idea what people think i'd get from sharing this on here. As I said, if I wanted attention i'd post it on my twitter. I don't, just sharing what I heard from someone I believe. It's crap news IMO, but I also think it'll probably be fine. Shit happens, no point pretending it doesn't.

If you're an optimist, maybe Pep is happy that Foden has finally stood up and demanded something, but he's had to discipline him because you can't have a row with the manager in front of everyone and be seen to get your way instantly.
I like this way of thinking most.

Thanks. I've no idea what people think i'd get from sharing this on here. As I said, if I wanted attention i'd post it on my twitter. I don't, just sharing what I heard from someone I believe. It's crap news IMO, but I also think it'll probably be fine. Shit happens, no point pretending it doesn't.
If it had been anyone else than you’d I’d have probably called bullshit but I know you’re not one to make stuff up.

Just hope it blows over.

Why? He literally said in the documentary that he will always defend players in press conferences, regardless. Even if he'd fallen out with a player, he'd never say it. Remember when he said in a press conference he wasn't bothered by Mendy missing a physio appointment last season? Said 'he's not his father' and maybe the traffic was bad on the Sunday etc in the press conference...and he then banned Mendy from the training ground for a week and was incredibly hard-lined with him. Managers treat press conferences however they want to treat them.

Completely different scenario from saying a player is injured when there not. I'm not doubting your info but Pep doesn't strike me as a guy who would tell a bare-faced lie, maybe I'm naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.