Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but that header was from 12 yards and a couple of yards to the left of him. He was stood on that side of the goal and fuck knows what he was doing with his footwork and arms but he was nowhere near it somehow.

Poor goalkeeping.
A goalkeeper can not always know exactly what's going to happen. Rodri should have contested that header and didn't, Ederson was probably preparing for it to be coming from a flick-on into the six yard box. By the time he knew where it was going it was already in the net.

Stats never tell the real story though
Individual match stats, i agree, don't tell the whole story. But they do when they're consistent across a season and in many different areas (passing %, passing accuracy, touches, headers won, tackles won etc.).

They aren't clowns for fuck's sake! The reaction to Saturday on this forum has been the worst overreaction in years!

I don't know why but his saves go under the radar. I was watching a highlight reel of his saves last season and I was genuinely shocked to see how many top class ones he pulled off because I'd forgotten most of them.

Makes mistakes like the rest of them and moves on like the best of them. No better keeper for us.
People seem to blank out his saves,he makes plenty of them ffs and snuffs out nearly every chance that get's through,he is not a stand on the line making saves for the camera like the alpaeca,also the other side are allowed to score now and again

People seem to blank out his saves,he makes plenty of them ffs and snuffs out nearly every chance that get's through,he is not a stand on the line making saves for the camera like the alpaeca,also the other side are allowed to score now and again

For me, it’s more that he doesn’t seem to have any glaring strengths beyond his footwork and sweeping. Possibly his 1-1.

His command of his area is poor, he regularly comes doesn’t connect or is beaten to the ball. Then there are notable occasions where he should come and doesn’t.

His positioning can be called into question, Lamela’s goal being the prime case. Topped by matches where every bloody shot on target goes in and it can make for frustrating viewing.

That’s not to say he hasn’t played any blinders or made great saves. I still think his save onto the post vs Burnley in 2018 should have won save of the season.

Christ it's like being in the 16/17 season in the Bravo thread on here

Why? Because a keeper makes a few clangers and puts in a rather uninspired performance in a defeat where all 3 shots on target hit the back of the net?

We shall all hold the same opinion on all players now, and close the forum down.

For me, it’s more that he doesn’t seem to have any glaring strengths beyond his footwork and sweeping. Possibly his 1-1.

His command of his area is poor, he regularly comes doesn’t connect or is beaten to the ball. Then there are notable occasions where he should come and doesn’t.

His positioning can be called into question, Lamela’s goal being the prime case. Topped by matches where every bloody shot on target goes in and it can make for frustrating viewing.

That’s not to say he hasn’t played any blinders or made great saves. I still think his save onto the post vs Burnley in 2018 should have won save of the season.
This season he has made several outstanding saves at vital times. Without them we would be in total meltdown

As time goes on, I’m becoming more skeptical about his all-round goalkeeping ability.

A better goalkeeper in terms of his footballing skills with the ball at his feet than Bravo but his saves to shots ratio can't be much better. Personally, I think he is a bit overrated.

I have been sceptical of his shot stopping ability from the first game he played, he is great at what he does for us I have no doubt but as an actual goalkeeper he is not very top class and I can see why Brazil choose Allison over him.

Our attempts on goal to actual goals ratio has to be the worst in the league. We consistently face very few shots, but they consistently end in goals. I am not advocating replacing him as the positives far outweigh the negatives and he is crucial to how we play.

*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.