Stones injured now.

An option might be Rodri at CH for his height and re-introduce Ferna back into DM.

The only positives from another bit of bad luck is that we have loads of options, it’s just that they are not traditional like for like solutions.

We need to up our chance conversion rate, get the attack and midfield firing again, I’m sure we will not draw or lose to many if we get back to scoring 3+ goals per match.
One of 2 things will happen,the lads will band together and get back to hunting in packs and keep the ball away from the back or they will think 3rd season in a row for the title and all the injuries is just too hard,i like rodders at the back and dinho in the middle,we miss him snuffing everything out,think pep is going to have them the other way around though,i'd like us to defend a little deeper as i can't see dinho getting back if he is the cb,without eric's mobility

One of 2 things will happen,the lads will band together and get back to hunting in packs and keep the ball away from the back or they will think 3rd season in a row for the title and all the injuries is just too hard,i like rodders at the back and dinho in the middle,we miss him snuffing everything out,think pep is going to have them the other way around though,i'd like us to defend a little deeper as i can't see dinho getting back if he is the cb,without eric's mobility

Should have kept MANGALA

We've got injuries to a number of players, two of which will be nowhere to be seen until February/March?

Klopp has lost his keeper who will no doubt be back in training in the next few weeks.

I'm sure Klopp feels he's got the better deal.
Whilst I take your obvious point, you implied they’ve had no injuries to “key players”, I assumed you’d forgotten the injury which has kept their first choice keeper out recently so thought I’d mention it.

The tragedy here is it was a perfectly avoidable situation.
The club had ample time to buy a new centre back in the summer but were to stubborn to do so.
Now we are shoe horning midfielders into other positions which is never ideal.
Going off the abysmal showing on Saturday against Norwich 2nd team I fear for us this season a little. A constantly changing back line is never good.
It's also a complete mystery as to how over the past 2 seasons we are getting so many more injuries than Liverpool.
Bad luck or over training on our part?

“Perfectly avoidable” = Just buy anyone then be saddled with them for 5 years making a big loss, taking up a squad place and blocking the progress of promising young players

Squad planning means identifying targets that meet criteria set by the management team

Going off one game and ignoring the others this season? Yes we may not replicate the same success as last season

Bad luck as all the major injuries have been a result of contact in tackles Liverpool have had a number of injuries as well btw just not apart from GK to key players

“Perfectly avoidable” = Just buy anyone then be saddled with them for 5 years making a big loss, taking up a squad place and blocking the progress of promising young players

Squad planning means identifying targets that meet criteria set by the management team

Going off one game and ignoring the others this season? Yes we may not replicate the same success as last season

Bad luck as all the major injuries have been a result of contact in tackles Liverpool have had a number of injuries as well btw just not apart from GK to key players

You make good points all I'm pointing out is that we should have bought a centre back in summer and now only 5 games in were have a crisis.

He only wanted Maguire because we had no foreign spots.

One way to improve CB position is to sell Otamendi in January and replace him with Laporte quality CB or close to it.

In that case we could probably get away with having 3 CBs + Ferna.

But we are not usually that ruthless so, can't see us buying in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.