The back four isn’t title winning quality

You might have a bit of a point. International week, and the build up to Champions League week creates problems. Too many players lose focus and have their head in the clouds. Probably a combination of things.

For the first time in 2 seasons now though City have an air of defensive weakness. That's not down to the fans. The fans react to what they see on the pitch.

I am sure there is a solution and it may involve both Ota and Stones but we have to tighten up defensively and do so very quickly otherwise the league will be gone. The first task is to keep a clean sheet in the Ukraine and build from there. I would give Garcia time over the next two games, regardless of whether he is sticking with Stones and Ota. You can do both over two games back to back.

We've now got to go 4 months with just Stones and Ota, and one will quite likely get injured so the quicker we get games into Garcia the better.
A lot of people are translating what is a real and justified concern about our defence into what is percieved as an unjustified attack on the team and Pep akin to the actions of a spoilt child. I have stated, as do you ,that we need to find solutions and this of course may involve Otto and Stones or perhaps Ferno, Garcia or A.N. Other. As you say we are reacting to what we see on the pitch in a constructive way not indulging in an act of thankless disrespect.

No coincendence for me that Managala gets sold and the defence falls apart

I didn't want to say anything at the time but that fellah would have booted the ball into the Norwich area one touch after it was passed to him. No unnecessary farting about and waiting for yer pocket to be picked! Come back, Eli, City loves you more than you could know!

The thing this post forgets is that Fernandinho wasn’t great (he was ok) in his first 3 months or so, but picked up rapidly from after that period.

We were pretty damn poor away from home and part of that was because he was rash into challenges and hadn’t quite settled in.

It’s like declaring Bernardo Silva brilliant compared to a new signing of a similar style but then you have to remember that Bernardo was as average as it got in our terms until January of his first season.

We should also try and avoid the fantasy that Fernandinho would stop every goal we ever concede from now on.

For what it’s worth I’d say Rodri is settling into the team faster than the majority of new signings we make do and that’s an absolutely brilliant sign. There’s a reason he’s considered one of the best in the world, and potentially the best in his position, by those who’ve seen him regularly.

Early next year and into next season and we’ll be looking at an unstoppable. He just needs time to reach his peak, just like most others.
It’s not fantastic to say that if Fernandinho was where Rodri was for the Lemela goal and the Laporte injury he would have got across to stop both.

Okay would it make sense if I put Mendy in there in place of Bernardo now that the former is back?

Sterling is one of our best players but he is playing far too much and maybe just maybe he's beginning to feel the effects of that.

2 games for us without a goal hardly maketh a baron spell. He did pretty well for England in between those two games.

He’s been far more effective than Bernardo this season, so why not drop him too and play 4 fullbacks to make sure we draw every game 0-0 for the next month?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.