John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're hardly likely to say, we're not playing John because his private life is a joke and it's affecting his performances are they?

Anymore than they are likely to say " get your fucking private life sorted you fanny " and then you won't get injured .

Yep, a blessing in disguise if you ask me, and one that will see the long term demise of stones..

Sounds harsh when you say it out loud but I was thinking the same.

I've lost patience with Stones a bit. 3 full seasons after arriving the only thing that's changed is that he now seems injury prone. And when he wasn't injured last year, he wasn't playing allegedly because of his personal life - ie him fucking about - affecting him.

Last season when asked why Stones was dropped for the derby, Pep said he needed "strong characters" in the side, and I said at the time that it was a devastating comment from the guy who once told the world press John Stones had more balls than all of them combined. I think Pep has at least partially lost faith in him, and unless he finds 6 months of the best form of his career, I'd be surprised to see him in the squad next season as anything other than 4th choice.

Him getting injured isn't good for us, but right now I'd rather have Fernandinho in the side than him every day of the week.

Anymore than they are likely to say " get your fucking private life sorted you fanny " and then you won't get injured .
He may well be injured. It would be a staggering coincidence. He's regressed in the past 6 months or so. I'd be surprised if he played in any high profile games for us any time soon

I've lost patience with Stones a bit. 3 full seasons after arriving the only thing that's changed is that he now seems injury prone. And when he wasn't injured last year, he wasn't playing allegedly because of his personal life - ie him fucking about - affecting him.

Last season when asked why Stones was dropped for the derby, Pep said he needed "strong characters" in the side, and I said at the time that it was a devastating comment from the guy who once told the world press John Stones had more balls than all of them combined. I think Pep has at least partially lost faith in him, and unless he finds 6 months of the best form of his career, I'd be surprised to see him in the squad next season as anything other than 4th choice.

Him getting injured isn't good for us, but right now I'd rather have Fernandinho in the side than him every day of the week.

I honestly think this a more than fair assumption. For me he's had the years of coaching under Pep. I cant think of the last defender, maybe Benatia who just didn't improve under him. Even Kolarov I'd say looked better after a year of Peps coaching than Stones has after three.

For me its damning that he hasn't been trusted in two title run ins. He should be a leader like Laporte in this side, and instead he looks continually inexperienced, makes silly mistakes due to concentration and continues to allow mistakes to affect his overall game. You can't be a top defender if you can't put your mistakes aside and just crack on.

Anyone know the length of his remaining contract. Has a bad injury record. Some players never seem to get injured .

The comment Pep made about John Stones having more balls than a room full of press was very telling, reverse psychology and all that.
This latest problem will be the end of his career with us.

If he keeps going at this rate, I feel like he's going to end up in the "what happened to..." conversations.

Seems a nice enough lad but, unfortunately, some of the nicest people make the stupidest decisions and not everyone deals with being in the spotlight well, whether it's media scrutiny on their personal lives or performances.

I hope I'm wrong but it feels like he's already fully heading in that direction. It would be such a shame because, like I said, he seems like a nice guy and, more importantly, his potential has been apparent since he first broke through as a professional. I hope his head and/ or body get sorted out because it really would be a massive waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.