Does anyone actually love their job?

I do love my job and vocation. Dot to dot and a bit of colouring in (designing buildings). After being a partner in town for decades I set up on my own about a year ago. Retained most of my clients, in control of my own destiny and loving life... Fuck, though I need to win the euro millions - I'd be off like a rat up a drainpipe... (and would be able to afford another wife)

My opinion is that work should be the means to afford the standard of living we want.

Therein lies the problem though because when retirement hits some of us we cannot cope without the work culture. In other words we don't know what to do in retirement. This also applies to those who have millions who simply never retire from their work of building fortunes.

Work may be necessary for a variety of financial reasons but has become a habit if we cannot focus on what to do in retirement and we can afford to live without works financial merit.

I wouldn't say 'love' but i certainly enjoy going to work.
As a craftsman i get real satisfaction from doing a good job, generally have a laugh with my customers and 20 hours a week is a piece of piss.

T
My opinion is that work should be the means to afford the standard of living we want.

Therein lies the problem though because when retirement hits some of us we cannot cope without the work culture. In other words we don't know what to do in retirement. This also applies to those who have millions who simply never retire from their work of building fortunes.

Work may be necessary for a variety of financial reasons but has become a habit if we cannot focus on what to do in retirement and we can afford to live without works financial merit.
Great post. I am 45 I do not have a pension but I have 10k + in the bank. Scares me. What do I do?
Thank you for any help in advance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.