Norwich (a) post-match thread

You always hope that injuries especially long terms ones can be kept to a minimum but the reality is always somewhat different.

On the plus side we have experience as to how to deal with long term injuries to players in an effective manner.

This season is no different but it gets down to hunger a bit of luck and making the most of the opportunities that come are way.

We didn't do that on Saturday and were punished for the mistakes we made so we ended up on the losing side.

With Stones now unavailable for 5 weeks or so those wishing he wasn't even in the squad will get their wish and we shall see how we cope without 2 recognised CD's.

Stats don't lie.
In both games on average we conceded 1 goal to 2 chances (bad) and we only scored 1 in 13.5 chances (bad).
Both are twice as bad as our 2 year average! And both need to be fixed.
The big problem in attack is the inability to shoot on target. When we are on target our stats are much more acceptable.
Our opponents generally are much more accurate with their shots.
Can't make my mind up if we shoot with really no hope or we simply lose our ability to accurately pass the ball between the goalposts.

The big problem in attack is the inability to shoot on target. When we are on target our stats are much more acceptable.
Our opponents generally are much more accurate with their shots.
Can't make my mind up if we shoot with really no hope or we simply lose our ability to accurately pass the ball between the goalposts.
If you’re scoring twice away from home and losing, your problem isn’t in attack....

Not saying we don't have a defensive problem simply that if our shots total had been largely on target we would have scored with some of them and probably won the game.
If the ones on target had been hit rather than patted then maybe.....

If the ones on target had been hit rather than patted then maybe.....
Thunderbolt shots missing the target have zero chance to score whereas "pats" on target still have to be saved.

We had 25 shots of which only 8 were on target resulting in 2 goals.

Norwich had 3 shots with obviously all on target for their 3 goals.

Thunderbolt shots missing the target have zero chance to score whereas "pats" on target still have to be saved.

We had 25 shots of which only 8 were on target resulting in 2 goals.

Norwich had 3 shots with obviously all on target for their 3 goals.

No mention of "thuderbolts"

One of the goals was a header placed beyond the keeper's reach, the other was hit HARD and low which although IIRC he got a hand to it was too hard for him

My point is most of the shots were almost back passes which the GK easily saved Shots should be struck hard and into targets that are difficult for the GK not right at him

I feel we have been guilty of this all season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.