Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the highlights, and it's nice to finally see them getting screwed over by a decision in the CL. That penalty was a joke and the decision not to overturn it by VAR just shows that they're literally never going to use it to overrule a referee on a penalty decision.

Naturally, their bad luck comes in the group stages when there's plenty of time to put it right, rather than in the last minute of a knockout game.

VAR was actually, and surprisingly, used really well in one of the other game ,might have been Genk.

Ref gave a straight red, ran over to watch the incident again and changed it to a yellow. Couldn’t believe my eyes!

liverpool fans of the 70s 80s would do that sort of thing so maybe the teachers of crime don't like the payback by the pupils that all watched them run riot, hope the lad makes a good recovery and gets home well

Only way to watch football over there is to go from the airport to the game and back again, without stopping anywhere in between. Not ideal but the Italians seem to be able to get away with this sort of violence time and time again without any form of punishment. Huge fines and I mean a minimum of 10m euros might be a start as well as a total ban on their fans travelling.

I went with my Mrs when we beat them 3-2.

The night before the match went out in Naples city centre.

There was a English bar not far from the main square.

There was nobody in there early evening.

When we walked past it later on that night, there were at least 30 Napoli Ultras stood outside it.

I dragged my Mrs through them and we went into the pub and had a drink. She went mad at me inside the pub.

We sat at the back of the pub, around the corner of the bar, so we didn’t attract their attention.

A few minutes later 1 of them came in, looked around the corner at us, and walked off.

Thankfully I can speak Hungarian, so I would have made out I was from Hungary if he would have challenged me.

On the day of the match most city fans gathered near the bus station and spent the afternoon there. The Ultras had spotters riding past on mopeds.

But there were Police everywhere. Nothing happened.

We were bused to the stadium. Took about 45 minutes to go around the city on the motorway. The Police wouldn’t take us through the city to the ground. We got off the coaches inside a heavily Policed compound outside the away end. The ground is a shithole. At the end of the match we were kept inside the stadium for well over an hour until the streets outside the stadium were completely cleared and deserted. Coming out of the ground we we surrounded by Police with riot shields and put straight on to the buses. The buses went through the street surrounding the stadium (trust me it’s bad, very bad) and then on to the motorways. We got back to the bus station about 12.30am. The Ultras had given up by then. MostCity either stayed in the bars at the bus station that were still open or went back to their Hotels.

If you fancy going to a great, but edgy city, with tons of character, plenty of poverty, fantastic old architecture, great food, go to Naples. Make sure you leave your valuables in your Hotel. Keep your mobile and money out of sight on you. And stay in the city centre. You’ll have a fantastic time.

Just read Lazio’s main Ultra leader was recently shot in the head in broad daylight and murdered in Rome. Juventus maine Ultra leader has just been arrested. Ultras and hooliganism in Italy is on a different level to ours. It’s political, Mafia, and crime related, where clubs have to answer, or have to cooperate with the Ultras.

A distinct lack of urgency by the police is a statement familiar to anyone visiting that shitehole called Anfield over the years, when their police allow our team bus to be smashed up, even letting thugs stand on their vehicles to do so. If you felt under threat of attack or were being attacked there as a fan the normal response would be, "Shouldn't have come then lad!" Or, " Stay at home next time!"

Of course I hope the fan is okay and recovers but it is ironic the outrage expressed and the inference that everyone should drop everything and help when it is one of theirs that is the injured party. Scousers might get more compassion from the football community if they lost that big superior chip on their shoulders and showed some to others.

As for Napoli I might be getting a bit soft in my old age but I would go nowhere near the place. I was around during the peak hooligan days when you risked getting a kicking going to every game but it was everywhere then. Thankfully aside from the odd few idiots that isn't the case anymore over here. Unfortunately, a bit like racism, other countries seem to be 20-30 years behind us in getting rid of both and in Italy's case even more. If I had to fear for my safety and possibly my life going to watch a football match I just wouldn't bother going, it's not worth it.

I’ve said it before, WRONG SITE, most of us don’t give two fucks about your vile club, you’re obviously not from Dipperville, this thread is for laughing at the Club you support, not a running commentary on the Dippers.

This is what I find so utterly bizarre about opposition fans coming on here. They say they want to 'talk football', but what they really mean is they want to come on here and talk about the team they support, be it dippers, rags, spurs...whoever.

I don't have the patience to exchange views with them so I don't bother, because I could not give a fuck what other teams are doing - unless it directly effects City.

Come on, nowt to do with footballing qualities! All down to that fuckin' awful Neapolitan Autumn weather - plays fuck with the best drilled teams!

A brief foray onto RAWK and you'll discover you are both wrong. Neither football qualities or the weather played any part in last night's defeat. The whole sorry episode can, apparently, be attributed to the running track surrounding the pitch ..... I know, they're fucking mental!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.