Limited edition shirt *REFUND*

I simply can't understand why a business the size of Manchester City would not want to keep all retail sale in house to maximise profits and keep the customer service at an absolute premium.
We have the best people at every level at this club, yet when it comes to merchandise we let a totally inept company represent us.....simply defies logic.
That explains it if we've outsourced it then. Been involved in a few outsourced contracts in my time and the headline price may be cheaper than doing it in-house but almost invariably service suffers.

That explains it if we've outsourced it then. Been involved in a few outsourced contracts in my time and the headline price may be cheaper than doing it in-house but almost invariably service suffers.
WE have the resources to take the customer service to the very highest level, yet the service and availability is still shambolic.

The "limited edition" shirt is a great idea, BUT should have been produced in far greater numbers, the demand is enormous.

After kicking up a fuss (a big one at that) my son was contacted by the Club (Megan) and told they had had some returns of the limited edition shirt (if you believe that you will believe in anything) but only in the small size. He has opted to have one as an item of memorabilia.

They had supposedly tried to contact me as well without success even though I never left the house on the day in question. I rang them and asked to speak to Megan who was busy so I gave them my mobile number so she could ring me back. Got a call on the mobile whilst crossing a busy main road and in trying to grab the phone from my pocket managed to turn it off by mistake, Never got another call so sent her an email on 12th September that has not yet been responded to.

Gist of the email was they could stick their limited edition shirt where the sun don't shine. I also said that if I had known I would not be getting the limited edition I would have purchased the £65 one that is now out of stock. Told her that if she could get hold of one of the cheaper ones in OS size and apply the 50% discount being offered to placate fans who had basically been defrauded then I might possible buy it.

The whole affair has left a very nasty taste and has been dealt with in a less than professional manner by everybody involved.

Last edited:
Just had a "final reminder" email from the club shop, advising me that the offer of the compensatory 50% discount off a home/away/3rd shirt runs out tomorrow.

Ermm...no thanks, I'll have the limited edition 125 shirt I ordered at 8am on release date please.

And typically, they haven't blind copied in all the recipients, so I now know the email address of everyone who's had the reminder, so that's me + 91 others.

Unbelievable Jeff..

Just had a "final reminder" email from the club shop, advising me that the offer of the compensatory 50% discount off a home/away/3rd shirt runs out tomorrow.

Ermm...no thanks, I'll have the limited edition 125 shirt I ordered at 8am on release date please.

And typically, they haven't blind copied in all the recipients, so I now know the email address of everyone who's had the reminder, so that's me + 91 others.

Unbelievable Jeff..

when i suggested to the shop that others had been offered 50% off as a way of making up for their ineptness, was told by a member of staff that there was no such offer, certainly wont be bothering with anymore of their promotions.

when i suggested to the shop that others had been offered 50% off as a way of making up for their ineptness, was told by a member of staff that there was no such offer, certainly wont be bothering with anymore of their promotions.

Dear Customer

* Final Reminder - this offer is only available until 4th October 2019

Thank you for the interest you have shown in the Manchester City 125 Year Anniversary Products. The reason for this email is to provide you with an update on your recent order.

We have made several attempts to contact you via phone over the past two weeks without success which is now the reason for this email as we regret to inform you that due to unprecedented levels of demand in an extremely short space of time we’re unable to fulfil your order for Manchester City 125 Year Anniversary Authentic Shirt – Boxed – PID 272277

We have processed a refund which you should have received back onto your original method of payment.

However, I am pleased to advise that we do have limited quantities in a size small. This is the only size of the Limited Edition boxed shirt we have remaining.

If you would like to purchase this item please call 0161 688 3110 by the 1st October 2019. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

***This product will be limited to one per person.***

If you do not wish to purchase the different size in the boxed shirt, as a token of our sincere apologies we would like to offer you a 50% discount on the 19/20 home, away or third shirt. to claim this discount please call the above number by the 4th October 2019.

Thank you for your understanding and again sincere apologies,

The Manchester City Online Store.

If at any time you wish to contact us, please get in touch with our Customer Services team who are here ready to help you. Email us at customer.services@shop.mancity.com or call us on +44 (0) 161 444 1894 (option 3) between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Kind Regards

Customer Services Team

THERE BLOODY WELL WAS MATE..

Unbelievable Jeff..
Good piece of GDPR from the club

After all the stuff from our PC's getting in the wrong hands etc.... you'd hope we'd have put some sort of systems in place by now & not be on the internet like an 8 year old.

Unbelievable Jeff..
Not looked at my email today, am I on the list? agmercer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.