Shakhtar Donetsk (a) pre-match thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to blood a few youngsters at the back. I am reminded of Tommy Booth making his debut as an 18 year old. It worked out pretty well for him. We need to give Harwood-Bellis and Garcia the chance to show if they have the right stuff.

When I’ve seen them play they have looked good.

I cant remember which great Manager said “if you’re good enough you’re old enough” but he was dead right. Time to find out if these two are old enough.

I’m kind of with you on this. Certainly interested in how pep will solve this problem.....no doubt that he will.

best form of defending is attacking and scoring and taking your chances ????
the thing is with pep and the setup is nothing will change, but the players that will come in will fit straight into the setup and know his role, i think the only thing will be the wing backs will be told to hold back a little more and tuck into midfield

the result is more important than the game tonight and we must not lose or fall apart and make silly mistakes again ?? get the job done and get home and regroup for weekend

best form of defending is attacking and scoring and taking your chances ????
the thing is with pep and the setup is nothing will change, but the players that will come in will fit straight into the setup and know his role, i think the only thing will be the wing backs will be told to hold back a little more and tuck into midfield

the result is more important than the game tonight and we must not lose or fall apart and make silly mistakes again ?? get the job done and get home and regroup for weekend
I tend to think the result is always more important than the game, it's why the game is played.

I don’t think we should be promoting Bellis to the first team at the moment. He’ll be a little naive and could get caught out in the CL and the PL. I’d give him a run out against PNE but we have to ease him in. Same for Phil Foden, loads calling for him to get playing time (I agree when we are comfortably leading) but Pep played him in the crucial Leicester game last season and it got to him, the experienced players just had to much for him and he was subbed. I think he’s going to be a great player but with this season under his belt and a few appearances I think we will see the real Phil.

Tonight is one of those crucial moments in a team's development.

We have young defenders at the club who can potentially play in the first team in 12 months, but how do we get from A to B, and stay intact until they are ready?

It's going to be a massive challenge staying in competitions until Laporte is back. I would gamble on the young players. At least by doing so it is an investment in the future.

Barcelona and Real Madrid have played very young players in 1st team games. We seem totally averse to doing so.

I don’t think we should be promoting Bellis to the first team at the moment. He’ll be a little naive and could get caught out in the CL and the PL. I’d give him a run out against PNE but we have to ease him in. Same for Phil Foden, loads calling for him to get playing time (I agree when we are comfortably leading) but Pep played him in the crucial Leicester game last season and it got to him, the experienced players just had to much for him and he was subbed. I think he’s going to be a great player but with this season under his belt and a few appearances I think we will see the real Phil.
It's a problem we cause yourselves to some degree, if we don't give them game time when comfy in games....and there have been many where either one of the young CB's or Phil could have had a few minutes.

I've long been an advocate of having a couple of under 21's on the bench but of course that's no gauantee that Gundogan wouldn't be brought on at 3-0!!!!

Having watched a couple of matches last night with the underdogs both doing well (Slavia Prague and Valencia), we should not take anything for granted especially after Saturday's dismal effort.

I would take a draw now if offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.