Ben Stokes takes on the Sun

It’s a pretty despicable foray into his private life. There’s surely no way they can justify it as being in the public interest.
Whilst it being about him wouldn’t justify it, I gather it actually happened before Stokes was even born. Mind you, he’s one of ‘them foreigners’ (I be so I suppose that’s enough justification for them and many of the ‘readers’.

IMO it's the fault of the government and legal system for not dealing with this type of tripe years ago.

I'd like if they started with the obvious lies first. Then hopefully the tone would be reset and there might be more decency all round.

So start with the rumours sections (sport being the easiest) and jail anyone proven of openly lying.

Hiding behind freedom of the press is ridiculous when it comes to open lies. Imo.

If sport and cricket in particular wants to take back control (sic) of the news agenda its simple - tell the Scum and every paper from the same stable they will no longer have access to players, staff and the board for interview. They will no longer be welcome in any ground where England play where the EWCB can keep them out. Pour encourager les autres - we can criticsise the dippers for a lot but they got the Scums measure after Hillsborough and took action.

I actually think that taking such action in a sport such as cricket would have a greater effect than doing it in football. It's all well and good banning The Scum journos from our stadium and denying them freebie hospitality to boot, but there are dozens of other grounds where they could pitch up instead. However, if The Scum's cricket journos are denied access to the England test team and all the nice little extras for a home Ashes series for example, there isn't another test match taking place nearby for them to gatecrash. I think the closest one that was taking place while we were playing the Aussies at OT the other week was Bangladesh v Afghanistan. Good luck with that one!

See they are at it again

That shitgibbon of a site guido fawkes with stills of Stoke and his misus last night at the cricket awards where it looks lole he is holding her throat.

His misus has gone on twitter to say they were fucking about and quishing their faces and whoever took the picture is distorting the facts.

Naturally all the journos who were outraged are refusing to believe her and insinuateing she is scared to say any different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.