Shakhtar Donetsk (a) pre-match thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited about seeing our new defence. I feel we will win it but it's not going to be easy

Tonight is one of those crucial moments in a team's development.

We have young defenders at the club who can potentially play in the first team in 12 months, but how do we get from A to B, and stay intact until they are ready?

It's going to be a massive challenge staying in competitions until Laporte is back. I would gamble on the young players. At least by doing so it is an investment in the future.

Barcelona and Real Madrid have played very young players in 1st team games. We seem totally averse to doing so.

Agree. I'd go with Garcia in this game from the start. I've no doubt he is up to this test but if it looks shaky I'd bring Cancelo on the right and shift Walker over to play 3 at the back. Pushing Zin and Cancelo forward as wing backs. It has to be worth a shot as if Garcia looks like the same player that played in the cup games last season then it is problem solved. I'd keep F'dinho as the last resort.

Ederson
Cancelo, Otamendi, Garcia, Zinchenko
Ferna
KDB, B Silva
Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling

Give Bernardo the chance to play himself into some form, while maintaining a lightning quick front three. Spanish Dave, Aguero and Rodri rested for the weekend (esp. Rodri as he's played every game and 2 internationals). Ferna also gives a bit more experience in front of a young CB.

I'll be totally gutted if we see Ferna or Walker at CB. Garcia showed more than enough in the cups last season, and even if he makes mistakes, it's an investment for the future. Playing Ferna at CB when we have 2 very talented young CBs (I know THB hasn't travelled) is extremely short-sightied imo

Agree. I'd go with Garcia in this game from the start. I've no doubt he is up to this test but if it looks shaky I'd bring Cancelo on the right and shift Walker over to play 3 at the back. Pushing Zin and Cancelo forward as wing backs. It has to be worth a shot as if Garcia looks like the same player that played in the cup games last season then it is problem solved. I'd keep F'dinho as the last resort.

I’d go with Garcia and Fernandinho, with Zin and Cancelo as fullbacks. I love Garcia and think he’s more than ready, give him a chance and let’s see if he takes it. Better to have him start this game than a PL game.

That being said I think he’ll be on the bench and Pep will go with Cancelo, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Zinchenko.

----------------------Ederson
Cancelo----E. Garcia------Otamendi-----Zinchenko
---------------------Fern/Rodri
---------De Bruyne-----------Bernardo
Jesus-----------------Aguero------------------Sterling

Incorporates the 3 things I wanted post Norwich game:

- Cancelo to now be given a chance.
- Change one of the centre halfs, Garcia this time round, think he should be given game time along with Harwood-Bellis. I would actually prefer them alongside Fernandinho but that might be too much change too soon.
- Jesus to start, looks really sharp this season.

Think Pep might play Fern instead of Garcia and probably wont rest D.Silva either.

I was expecting Cancelo to start tonight, but wonder if the Stones injury will force Guardiola to rethink. Maybe making wholesale changes to the back line might be a bit risky in an away CL tie? Expect Fernandinho to get the nod over Garcia, so wouldn't be surprised if he goes for Walker, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Zinchenko. Personally, I'd like to see Cancelo, Garcia, Otamendi and Mendy.

I was expecting Cancelo to start tonight, but wonder if the Stones injury will force Guardiola to rethink. Maybe making wholesale changes to the back line might be a bit risky in an away CL tie? Expect Fernandinho to get the nod over Garcia, so wouldn't be surprised if he goes for Walker, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Zinchenko. Personally, I'd like to see Cancelo, Garcia, Otamendi and Mendy.

I think it's unlikely Zinchenko doesn't start given he did the presser yesterday. Surely Pep can't leave him out on his return to Ukraine two years in a row...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.