Jameson
Jameson Caskmates
Red Breast
Black Bush
Teelings
wwwhhhhhaaaaatttt!!!

the hell.

And I thought you were a connoisseur.

For those with discerning taste try a balvennie double wood or any good speyside.

I'm trying to knock it on the head as I get older, but I love drinking from mid-morning through to early evening. Almost never have a hangover the next day when I do that, either. Some of my best days out started at 11am and finished at 8pm. Love getting hammered in the afternoon

It will probably be the death of me one day, and so I've got to try and push that date back as far as my predilections will allow, hence me trying to reign it in.

With some people, booze only seems to make them unhappy, or angry. Not me, I love the stuff. Love being pissed. Makes me happy 95% of the time, which is a great ratio.
Not recommended for those operating heavy machinery.

wwwhhhhhaaaaatttt!!!

the hell.

For those with discerning taste try a balvennie double wood or any good speyside.
A point of order though.
The OP says "Whiskey" and also mentions "All whiskeys taste the same" as a quote from his neighbour.
All some of you want to talk about is Whisky though, which I'm sure is very good if you enjoy that sort of thing. ;-)

wwwhhhhhaaaaatttt!!!

the hell.

Hahahaha...nah, not a connoisseur at all...i really like whiskey, but i prefer to enjoy the taste ;-) ..... scotch is just too intense for me. And i drink whiskey straight..with a small amount of ice.....or maybe the odd one mixed with ginger....i dont see the point of mixing scotch, surely its to be drunk for its (disgusting) flavour?

Hahahaha...nah, not a connoisseur at all...i really like whiskey, but i prefer to enjoy the taste ;-) ..... scotch is just too intense for me. And i drink whiskey straight..with a small amount of ice.....or maybe the odd one mixed with ginger....i dont see the point of mixing scotch, surely its to be drunk for its (disgusting) flavour?
when you say scotch, what do you mean, blended or malt?

when you say scotch, what do you mean, blended or malt?
Like Alex, I'm not a huge fan of the Scotch smokey or peaty taste, unless you want to mix Coke with it.
However I don't think any good whisky or whiskey should be mixed with anything, other than water or ice, if you choose.
I've tasted a couple of single malt scotch that I thought were really nice. Ledaig and some Speyside. I've also had Chivas Regal which is blended and though it was very nice.
I don't have a great knowledge of scotch single malts but I'm sure there must be countless fine whiskies out there.

Still prefer whiskey though.
Have a Midleton very rare at home. It's open and I'm the only one that's tasted it, so far.
Have a Jameson stout caskmate for general Friday night consumption. Really nice.
I have to say currently I am a big fan of the Teelings whiskeys, particularly rum cask. Not overly expensive, but hard to get.
I priced it at €42.95 in the Irish Whiskey Museum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.