Would you sacrifice the domestic cups to retain the league?

Liverpool did exactly the same and nobody questions their mentality (except maybe some City fans).

No-one in the media questions anything about Liverpool. Last year they gambled everything on two trophies and got lucky in winning the CL despite losing badly in some of the games. We just went for it and won 4 out of 5. I think we've proven that sacrificing trophies to do better in one or two is a small club mentality.

Last year we proved it's possible to win everything in England, even with the greatest ever runners up breathing down our neck. Would be foolish to write off other competitions when we can rotate our squad and attempt to win them all.

Liverpool were so close to winning nothing last season because they prioritised the League and UCL. If it wasn't for Barca's complacency they would have ended up empty handed. Try and win everything and see where you finish!

Why would you want to write off domestic cups? I look at the teams some clubs put out in the EFL and FA Cups and think the fans must be fuming.... I still hate going out of any domestic cup now, remember how many years we went without winning anything? Each cup exit back then was sickening. Any club that prioritises league safety or even league success has lost touch with the fans in my eyes. Yes, there are exceptions, but putting a team of kids out in the EFL Cup in Sept-Oct because you have a league game 3-4 days later is ridiculous. However, it is the huge sums of money in the game that has done that to clubs, football is not as it used to be, and despite our success, it isn't any better for it.

It's so arrogant to think we can sacrifice anything to win something else,I suppose success brings a difference attitude I dreamed of playing in the champions league but it ain't the be all and end all for me cause love a weekend in London for a cup final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.