#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must be the only team in world football that can't risk playing youngsters

The two biggest and most successful clubs in the world can do it but according to some it's not feasible to integrate academy products whilst winning trophies.

Getting sick of the excuses, to be quite honest, and I think those still making them will too, even if it takes a bit longer.

We must be the only team in world football that can't risk playing youngsters

It's incredibly frustrating. For all our trophies in the past decade, our inability to integrate youth players is startlingly bad. The only reason Foden is still here is because of his affinity to the club, most elite young players would leave like Sancho did because we've yet to show there is any real progression from an academy player to a first team regular. It is imperative that this changes ASAP or we'll continue to lose all our best academy talents.

How do you he’s progressing fine when he barely plays? In the 21 months since he made his league debut he’s played less than 400 minutes of league football (the equivalent of just over 4 games).

And Barcelona have been playing a 16 year old this season by the way.
What about all of his other minutes?

What about all of his other minutes?

He needs more than games against the likes of Burton and Rotherham or dead rubber Champions League games if he’s going to fulfil his massive potential.

Wernt both Rooney and Owen both playing regularly in the premier league when they were 17 aswell? I could be wrong about Owen but pretty sure Rooney was. That said the circumstances of them playing were slightly different to the situation at City as neither player had to force themselves into a championship winning team.
Both were finished physically in their 20s.

He needs more than games against the likes of Burton and Rotherham or dead rubber Champions League games if he’s going to fulfil his massive potential.
The idea that you can only develop in the league doesn't make much sense to me.

Cup games will be a huge part of Fodens development this season again.

It's more about quality of opposition rather than specific competitions.
True, although I think he'll get value out of senior minutes in any competition regardless of the opposition.

Plenty of tough cup matches for us last season, and simple league matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.