What did you collect as a kid.

Millwallawayveteran1988

Seems to have gone out of fashion a bit with today’s youngsters as they have it all but I seem to remember collecting stuff was pretty popular back in the day.

I had a few.

Beer mats - no surprise there as my dad worked in a Brewery and was in the pub a lot!

Marbles - used to love a game of this and had a good number of these when younger

Also stamps which my uncle used to give to me when I visited him. Used to buy all those sets that the post office issued every few months.

Fuck knows where they all ended up. Probably would have been worth a few quid now.

Anyone else have a collecting hobby or was I just a freak?

Programmes.
Loco engine numbers.
Stamps.
Pictures of French women.

STI's I was a prolific shagger oh and rubbers not the prophylactic type the eraser type

Train numbers, plane numbers, tried stamps but didn't get into it, football programmes & football cards ( if I still had them would probably be worth a few quid now)

Vinyl and still collect it. Even though I have no room for any more, I just can't help myself. I just can't get enough, as a famous band once sang

I used to collect Minature spirit bottles - loved them. Also beer mats for a spell and of course programmes which I have kept up to this day.

Have over 4000 City programmes pretty much complete home and away back to WW2 and I own a home programme from this current season back to 1923. Almost 100 years solid.

Takes over a full room in the house.

I got a Guinness World Book of Records for Christmas one year and went to the back to see if there were any records that hadn't been set.

For a good few months after this I took the decision to try and collect receipts. Not just mine either. Any spare bit of paper in a Tesco trolley, if it had a number on it, it was mine for the taking. I must have had a good few hundred until someone had the heart to tell me that people do actually keep their receipts for sensible reasons. I see myself as a pre-cursor to that twat who called himself a Wombler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.