New Ineos 4x4

bluethrunthru

A good idea? JLR launched the new Defender this month and there is a general move away from diesel 4x4's - there will always be somebody who wants an original Landie but the cost of production was massive so it had to end - a "spiritual successor" could be tough as JLR have put their flag on the summit of the Defender replacement market and their vehicle has the kudos of the Land Rover name.
I am sure Sir Jim knows his stuff in some fields but I can't help but wonder whether the predicted sales volumes are too ambitious?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49733291

The Defender looks good, and they're bringing out a plug-in hybrid Defender in 2021 (?). Can't see Ineos taking much market share from Defenders but might do well against the Freelander and the rest of the softroad market. Depends if they can price it right.

What the locals round here will be a good litmus test. A few years ago all the farmers had Defenders but gradually a fair amount ( I'd say 50% ) have turned to the Jap pick ups, mainly for comfort and reliability although judging by the general condition of most I doubt they'll out live the Defender. Some of the old boys have 30 - 40 y/o Land Rovers still doing what they were designed for.

What the locals round here will be a good litmus test. A few years ago all the farmers had Defenders but gradually a fair amount ( I'd say 50% ) have turned to the Jap pick ups, mainly for comfort and reliability although judging by the general condition of most I doubt they'll out live the Defender. Some of the old boys have 30 - 40 y/o Land Rovers still doing what they were designed for.
Landcruisers from the 50's and 60's are still lying about but obviously weren't as mass-market as Defenders. But those Pajero's (Shogun's), Landcruisers etc don't die mechanically, they can have wear and tear inside much like the old Range Rovers you see, but they'll continue running forever.

e74f823f0ca59cd94d12c74e73e61a54.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.