Failsworth

I remember hearing reports of anti-social twats around Failsworth last year but could have quietened down again.
Don’t go to the local Police station though if you’ve any problems as they’ve long gone, unless you’re after
Some weed as somebody had a grow on in there apparently !

Im a now exiled Failsworth native and all of la famille still live there in the immediate vicinity of Lord Lane. It's alright there. Do it.

Lived here for about 14 months.. Apart from the dossers and the occasional murder it seems pretty good.. Nice walking distance to town and City's ground

Lived off Droylesden Road - Leng Road - in Newton Heath until I left home at 18 and my parents lived there and, previously, Gaskell Street all their lives. A lot of my mates and some family lived in Failsworth which always seemed to me a bit of a ‘step-up’ from Newton Heath. Not really visited the area since my mum died six years ago.

Lived off Droylesden Road - Leng Road - in Newton Heath until I left home at 18 and my parents lived there and, previously, Gaskell Street all their lives. A lot of my mates and some family lived in Failsworth which always seemed to me a bit of a ‘step-up’ from Newton Heath. Not really visited the area since my mum died six years ago.

I was brought up on nearby Albert Gardens, my old man still there. My best mate was from Leng Road (No 64) .... he still in NH down off Graver Lane.

To the OP .... We spent ten years near where you are looking. Was decent mostly, but the Pole got too Wild West for us by the end. Losing The Pack Horse was a big blow .... top pub in it's day. Proper old school landlord and landlady then. Nearby Woodhouses has two better pubs now. And Daisy Nook Country Park is lovely.
Decent bus and tram service into town, and not too far for a cab ride home.
A recent addition that I wish had been there when we were, is the Loose Cannon live music venue. In what was originally Failsworth Cycling Club, latterly a dive called Baldy Bobs, it is run by the people who had the Ruby Lounge in town ...like there it's mainly tribute bands, but some originals play there too. Zal Cleminson from SAHB on soon.

Depends where you're from and what you are used to. If you are from Newton Heath then it is it is step up. If you are from Wilmslow then not too clever a move. As a working class area its pretty nice. One of the better areas in north east Manchester (although it actually comes under Oldham)

What's this? All areas of Manchester are nice, even that hellhole called Didsbury. Anywhere in the Crumpsall/Collyhurst/Harpurhey/Blackley/Monsall pentagon are just divine! Anyway, isn't Failsworth in Oldham these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.