Favourite car growing up.

Aston Martin DB5. Still is.
Oh yes.

Plus the Jag e-type.

Bought one a few years ago. Definitely a 60's car. Brakes? Better off with waving a pillow case in the air. Steering? Yup. I think.

The car I always wanted was the De Tomaso Mangusta. Loved that car as a Matchbox toy or in top trumps.

Glad I never bought one though. Awful.

One of the rings in the audi emblem denotes NSU...faster you went quieter it went...do 60 in first...unbelievable sensation

Growing up? Most of us of male persuasion never grow up!

In my early driving days I hankered semi-realistically after Triumph GT6, Dolomite Sprint, TR6, Stag, Alfa Spyder and less realistically after Ferrari Dino or Lambo Countache. A little further on it was Audi Quattro. Ragging any one of those before stopping in a lay-by to snort coke off a supermodel's tits would have done very nicely, thank you.

Alas, it wasn't to be. Nowadays a five-knuckle shuffle under the car rug in the back of a Hyundai i20 is the limit of my ambitions.

I didn't have aspirations of being posh as a kid, therefore I liked my dad's Ford Zephyr, Cortina mk 2 ,Hillman Avenger, (they get worse) Austin Maxi, Austin Princess amongst other British 70s 'on strike' cars.

But my favourite amongst that shite was an E-type Jag. Nearest I came to owning one was a scale model metalic sky blue pedal car(worth a small fortune nowadays)

Growing up? Most of us of male persuasion never grow up!

In my early driving days I hankered semi-realistically after Triumph GT6, Dolomite Sprint, TR6, Stag, Alfa Spyder and less realistically after Ferrari Dino or Lambo Countache. A little further on it was Audi Quattro. Ragging any one of those before stopping in a lay-by to snort coke off a supermodel's tits would have done very nicely, thank you.

Alas, it wasn't to be. Nowadays a five-knuckle shuffle under the car rug in the back of a Hyundai i20 is the limit of my ambitions.
I bought a Dolomite racing green with a walnut dash from some fella that turned up at Nortons Salvage in 1993. Long gone I am scared to think what it would be worth now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.