Do we need an enforcer or governor like Kompany?

Our team is packed full of leaders. They're constantly talking to one another up and down the pitch. Not many are as articulate as Kompany, but that isn't the problem I don't think. And we lost two on the bounce last year with Kompany in and around the team. Whatever happens, I honestly don't think you can accuse this squad of anything. To a man, they all stood up to be counted from January to May in games 95% of the players in the league wouldn't have been able to stand.

No doubt Kompany was a massive influence in the dressing room , we do not have a vocal leader in the group now , Kompany and Zabs were basically "Mancs" and loved the club , not sure if you can replace that type of commitment although Rodri speaks excellent English and is saying all the right things in the media , he could be the future leader we are looking for.

after the “sack pep”and “sell them all and start again” reaction to Norwich beating us, I wonder if the loss shows that we miss the big presence of Vincent to gee them all up in a game like that, I know they are all professionals and should be able to get themselves up for games like this, but I feel we definitely needed a Harry Maguire Or an Ake to be the replacement for Vinny, Stones can’t be that enforcer but would be brilliant feeding off a CB like that.In the same way Liverpool have improved with Van Dyke, I feel the lack of a big presence in that defence will affect us.
really? of course every team would want a player like vinny.
your two quotes are way over the top of the real reactions.
and it was stated clearly why we couldn't spend big for a CB,

Yes every team needs a strong leader I think in time KDB will become that person.
Yes it looks like we should have got another CB but Maguire wouldnt suit us, I think he is to slow and is not a leader.
Like some have said Vinny will be a hard act to follow perhaps that's why Maguire went to utd. After all cant be hard to follow phil the face and co. If City really wanted Maguire and he really want to come here it would of happen. He might have wanted to come here if its true what he said in the papers, pep and City weren't 100% sure on him so he chose his second choice, after City wouldnt go to his fee
. I love Kev but he simply is not wired with that kind of personality.

YES, We have needed an enforcer for a long time, even before the captain left.

This team can be far too "nice" at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.