Shakhtar (a) post match thread

The amount of chances we miss, not just in this game, blows my mind!

when we don't make the chances that is the worry ??? like i said in the pre match post best form of defence is attack and we could even have SWP at the back when we are on fire, the only puzzle i find is the attacking down the wings and looking for the forward run but it never comes in its 99% played backwards and the runs forwards make you can see the disappointment in their faces

KDB is the best in europe in midfield but you could see last night he is not 100% fit yet and watching him he finds it hard getting his 2nd wind and going into coasting mode, also last night am watching with terror when tackles are coming in and KDB does not hold back and likes a tackle and sticks his foot in, last night game was hard to watch with thinking its coming another silly injury when really we had the game won at 2 up at halftime

but i stand behind pep and would never dig up out and how can we when the record and titles and cups we have won, good win and we made it look so easy but its never easy and that is the quality of this squad and team and even with injuries to key players we play and win in the same style

Didn't like the post match interviews. Basically telling Gundogan he was crap against Norwich and what had he done to put it right. The same sort of question was asked of Pep who put the twat in his place by pointing out what we had won over the last two seasons.

I think our players needs to be more selfish in front of goal, many chances have been wasted because they wanted to pass to their mates.
your probably right...but that's what Pep instructs his players to do. .if your in the box with a half decent chance look to commit the keeper ..then pass to an even better placed team mate for him to roll the ball into an empty net.

Thought there was a slight change in tactics for this game, Gundo was closer to Rodri and KDB was closer to Jesus, that's why Kev struggled to find much space all game. There was so much space over the top and in behind the back four, that would be a worry against a team like Liverpool as that is their main tactic, but it worked out quite well against Shakhtar (most of the time).

Strangely enough City U19's were the only English winners in the first round of fixtures (1-3 to us), all of the other English clubs drew their games.
I would expect positive press as City was the only English team showing the flag. But off course no. Instead we get even more bile than usual. Check the Media thread.

Great response after the day off last Saturday.
Focused display in defence to help Fern as much as possible for a perfect CB "debut".

That's what would have happened to Norwich without our sloppy attitude and clownery in defence...

We are back on track and the lads have a good feeling again what it needs to boss a match.
Well done Pep and squad.

your probably right...but that's what Pep instructs his players to do. .if your in the box with a half decent chance look to commit the keeper ..then pass to an even better placed team mate for him to roll the ball into an empty net.

I fully agree with Pep and very often I DO watch a poor selfish finish instead of faking the shot and square for an easy goal,
loads of headless moments like that at Norwich.
Last night on the break Gundo had to pass to Raz but didn't and Raz should have squared to the 6yrd line but hit the post from a difficult angle.
Shoulda coulda, but still a topic where we can get better.

I guess Sergio will have a word or two vs Watford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.