Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever the team plays poorly, Gundogan is a target. He is a top player but we lose as a team, not because of one. Nobody had a good game at the weekend; tonight, everyone played well.

Whenever the team plays poorly, Gundogan is a target. He is a top player but we lose as a team, not because of one. Nobody had a good game at the weekend; tonight, everyone played well.
He cops it because we have top football analysers and coaches gracing us with their insightful knowledge on here week in, week out

As an 8 though. Let's not forget the position he played. He played as an 8.

It turns out he can play as an 8 after all. And we can be creative and win while he's there.

Shocker! Who'd have thought a German international midfielder can succeed playing in midfield.
We played 442 you didn't notice ?
Much easier for Gundo this system

Don't play him along side Dave. He needs a Kev or Bernie next to him to do the pressing from that position. They do the pressing and he does the intercepting. Put him with Dave and neither do the pressing so with no pressure the opponent bypass the pair of them with relative ease.

I think last night's midfield might be our best midfield in European games, it just seems to have the best balance and suits the strengths of all 3. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it a lot, which is great news for Gundogan.

I think last night's midfield might be our best midfield in European games, it just seems to have the best balance and suits the strengths of all 3. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it a lot, which is great news for Gundogan.

Agreed. I think a lot of our problems in midfield are when Silva and Gundogan are coupled together. Too slow and passive. They need a more dynamic player like KDB, Foden or Bernardo next to them in my opinion.

Didn’t really do owt in the first half but I thought he battled well in the second half, kept winning the ball back and not giving the Everton lads any space.

Sell him please. We can still get something decent for him and it'll allow us to bring the younger ones through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.