Would you sacrifice the domestic cups to retain the league?

Knowing City as I do and we 'misplaced' the entry form for the competitions and so weren't allowed to enter (I wouldn't want to lose to anyone!) we would conspire to fuck it all up just when a waft from a programme page would roll the ball over the line we would hit both posts and watch the ball go behind for a goal kick!

So no! If we have to lose, we lose with honour - like we did at York, Middlesborough, Halifax, Chesterfield, Stockport, Crewe and all places shown on a compass!

Pep has always said that the league is our bread and butter. The one he wants every year. I can see where you are coming from mate but I would hate to lose the league and win the CL.
Pep says that to manage expectations because the pressure to win the CL mounts every year. I believe it's what the Sheikh, Khaldoon, Txiki, Pep and the players want more than anything now and I feel the same to be honest. It's the final step. I'd give up the league to win it this year without a doubt.

The irony is that for Liverpool it's the other way around because of where our clubs are at.

If it would actually guarantee the League for the third year running, then yes I definitely would.

However Pep and the Club do not think that way. League cup is over reasonably quickly and the easiest of the four to win and FA Cup does not start until January so that is why we have a good go at both. The Chumps is the really big distraction as it means re-arranging league and possible Cup matches and lots of travelling involved, that is the one that screws up all the others.

As I hate the whole European thing either not qualifying or finishing last in the group would suit me, but that is just a personal opinion. Can never see the Club going along with that as a plan.

we have to win the champions league to be considered one of the great teams. The players want it badly and spanish Dave would see it as a dream ending to his city career.
Would happy take all 5 myself.

Said it yesterday in fact, and I wouldn’t mind early exits from the domestic cups if it meant we could mount a proper cl and pl challenge. The injury situation is already bad and the overall fitness levels feel suspicious

Pep is smart enough to know that momentum is more important than resting players. There is lots of evidence that this team does well when it gets into a rhythm of a long-winning spree. Putting all your eggs in one basket rarely works. Even Khaldoon has said that winning the League Cup early in the season has provided momentum for greater success later on. Pep has repeatedly said: "We play to win every game." I accept that we do need to win the Champs League but trust Pep to get there in the end.

I really hope we can win the CL this season. I would enjoy nothing more than seeing David Silva lift that trophy in his final game for City. And the United and Liverpool fans would be suicidal...haha!!!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.