Watford (h) pre-match thread

Watford (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think Mahrez needs (and deserves) a decent run of games now.

I feel that if Mahrez can get a run of 6 or 7 games now, he can build his confidence,hit his best form and then he'll probably stay there or thereabouts even going in and out of the side later on in the season.

Whereas if he never gets a run of games, he's always going to be on the periphery, and never quite feel at home in the side.

Reactions: Ric
I hope one of the two young central defenders start.

I have written off our chances in the league because there is no way City are going to go undefeated until January with Otamendi and Fernandinho playing in central defence. There will be games when we come up against a traditional centre forward, and there will be games when they are not available so we really have to play Garcia or HB at some point. WHether it is now I don't know, because it's important that the team puts in a couple of back to back results.
Luckily Pep won't have written our season off so won't throw the youngsters in unless he thinks we would be better to, or he has to.

Last edited:
Ederson

Walker
Otamendi
Diniho
Zinchenko

Gudongan
Kdb
D.silva

Mahrez
Sergio
Sterling

Rodri been superb but is playing alot for a young player coming in to a new league and a couple of tough fixtures coming up against everton and wolves hoping we can get some rest into players we really need for those games now.

I have a feeling we'd see Eric Garcia with Ferna in this one and then Harwood-Bellis with Otta against Preston ... mark my words, Eric Garcia will step up this season like no other and by the end of the season would be at De Ligt level of praise ...

I have a feeling we'd see Eric Garcia with Ferna in this one and then Harwood-Bellis with Otta against Preston ... mark my words, Eric Garcia will step up this season like no other and by the end of the season would be at De Ligt level of praise ...
I actually really like that idea. I feel pretty strongly that we need to get Garcia some minutes from the start now, while it isn't a complete calamity, rather than being forced to throw him into a game in which someone has been injured without having played at all. As good as Ferna (and to a lesser extent Otamendi) have been, we can't play these guys three games a week for the five weeks that Stones is out and I really hope we start the rotation now before we're forced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.