Shakhtar (a) post match thread

Fernandinho fitted in at centre back like he had played their for 20 years but I didn’t expect anything different, I firmly believe he’ll be partnering Laporte by the end of the season unless Stones picks his form up dramatically.

Zinchenko in midfield too at the end of the game, no doubt there will be some embarrassment for a few fellow posters, no names mentioned :)

Jesus looked slightly rusty up front but his off the ball movement and pressing from the front puts him above Aguero for me now. Hopefully now we’ve got Mendy returning to fitness and Cancelo making an introduction we may see a return to a back three and front two at times.

Zinchenko had around 10 minutes in midfield which was hardly enough to assess him. As for his performance at left back there was too many miss placed passes & not good enough defending.
When Mendy came on he was far more of a threat with his crossing.

To everyone howling about missed chances, we did out score our XG for the game, which was around 2.5. Obviously that doesnt count opportunities where we never shot, but I dont think the finishing was as bad as what is being said.

There were times last night when I thought we missed Sane’s sheer pace. Not saying the others were ineffective or that our style of play was wrong, simply that their defenders, particularly their fullbacks, were creaking from half way through the first half, and we just don’t have a player who can go through as easily as he can when there is green grass behind. That space in CL games is one of those things that we don’t often see domestically.

There were times last night when I thought we missed Sane’s sheer pace. Not saying the others were ineffective or that our style of play was wrong, simply that their defenders, particularly their fullbacks, were creaking from half way through the first half, and we just don’t have a player who can go through as easily as he can when there is green grass behind. That space in CL games is one of those things that we don’t often see domestically.
Agreed, Sane running at full face is a freighting weapon, sadly one I don't think we will see again in sky blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.