Shakhtar (a) post match thread

To everyone howling about missed chances, we did out score our XG for the game, which was around 2.5. Obviously that doesnt count opportunities where we never shot, but I dont think the finishing was as bad as what is being said.

This is always the key point for me. To be scoring 4,5 or 6 you have to be making a dozen decent or half-decent chances. That's what the xg is counting. On a good day you'll be a bit over, on a bad day (eg against Spurs) a bit under, but that's the nature of the game.

Brightwell Bros I think most people are missing the point. Players of the calibre that we have should be putting more of their shots on target. Last night one set of stats, had us with less then a 1/3rd of our shots on target. We need to improve the shots on target ratio, do this and we will score more goals, even the way we played last night. This has been our biggest fault no matter who the manager has been

Players of the calibre that we have should be getting at least 60%-66% of their shots on target, and I include those that hit the frame of the goal. If we can improve our shots on target ratio to nearer 60% -66%. I see no reason why we cannot win the Champions league this year. As well as win all the domestic trophies again.

Comfortable win against a really poor side. Need to start being more clinical in front of goal, should have been at least 5 tonight. Looked a lot better at the back with Dinho there, although can’t read too much into it given how poor Shakter were.
We won comfortably enough.
No need to break them, they aren't rags or dippers.

That was only the second time Shakhtar have been beaten by 3 goals at home in Europe. We were also their first time...last season!

Yes, we should have been more clinical, but let’s not forget, they had more than a few chances, too, and that was their joint worst home tonking in Europe.

At 2-0, I was desperate for us to get the 3rd and end the game as a competition, but with every wasteful opportunity, I got the feeling they’d nick one and it would let them back in the game.

Overall, a solid European performance that will put us in the drivers seat in the group IF we dispatch Zagreb at home next round.

Brightwell Bros I think most people are missing the point. Players of the calibre that we have should be putting more of their shots on target. Last night one set of stats, had us with less then a 1/3rd of our shots on target. We need to improve the shots on target ratio, do this and we will score more goals, even the way we played last night. This has been our biggest fault no matter who the manager has been

Players of the calibre that we have should be getting at least 60%-66% of their shots on target, and I include those that hit the frame of the goal. If we can improve our shots on target ratio to nearer 60% -66%. I see no reason why we cannot win the Champions league this year. As well as win all the domestic trophies again.

I think you are missing the point. An expectation of 60%-66% is both laughable and unrealistic.
Only twice in the last 5 years has a Premier League team averaged more than 40%.
In 1 year Barcelona made it as high as 45%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.