Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna see

Ederson
Cancelo Walker Fernandinho Otamendi(Zinchenko) Mendy
KDB Rodrigo Silva
Jesus Aguero

reallity

Ederson Walker Ferna Otamendi Zinchenko Rodri Gundogan(Silva) KDB Sterling Aguero Mahrez (Bernardo)

I feel that if Mahrez can get a run of 6 or 7 games now, he can build his confidence,hit his best form and then he'll probably stay there or thereabouts even going in and out of the side later on in the season.

Whereas if he never gets a run of games, he's always going to be on the periphery, and never quite feel at home in the side.

I think that's true, but I think it's equally true of Gabi Jesus.

As for young Phil, I can't help wondering what he must be thinking at this point. Did he even fly out to Kharkiv? He's been "ready" for two years. Quote Pep. He'll probably be played against Preston, I suppose, but he must be getting to a point where throwing him the bone of League Cup games against not-very-prestigious opponents isn't really cutting it.

As for young Phil, I can't help wondering what he must be thinking at this point. Did he even fly out to Kharkiv? He's been "ready" for two years. Quote Pep. He'll probably be played against Preston, I suppose, but he must be getting to a point where throwing him the bone of League Cup games against not-very-prestigious opponents isn't really cutting it.

And Barcelona will happily pick a 16-year-old lad for a CL game. It almost seems as if we only play youngsters if we’ve bought them

And Barcelona will happily pick a 16-year-old lad for a CL game. It almost seems as if we only play youngsters if we’ve bought them
We’ll sell Foden for about £40m to Dortmund, buy a young midfielder from the continent for about £80m, realise quite quickly that Foden is better, then sell the new signing for £60m and buy Foden back for £120m. All for a £100m loss :)

Phil's on a ticking clock. There's 57 games max (excluding cup replays) before David Silva retires, and Pep will not let the squad get weaker, so Foden has to be ready to take over as a proper first teamer by July or we will go out and buy someone who'll block him for years.

Realistically how many starts before he's considered that? 20 minimum? Which means he should be playing 1 in 3 games this season.

I don't know what he's thinking, but I imagine he's getting itchy feet and playing PNE won't satisfy him. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit more chatty in the press soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.