God didnt know what he was talking about.

the needs of the many outway the needs of the few or the one.
Never sure about this utilitarian idea. It relegates minorities to second class status.
As in.......most people in this country are white heterosexuals and their needs outweigh those of black or gay ppl. Really??

Never sure about this utilitarian idea. It relegates minorities to second class status.
As in.......most people in this country are white heterosexuals and their needs outweigh those of black or gay ppl. Really??

What a crock of shite.
The idea which as was pointed out from Spock wasn't utalirarian

You are seperating people into clasifications not the idea, the many are the human race not a specific gender, race, sexuality etc.

Last edited:
What a crock of shite.
The idea which as was pointed out from Spock wasn't utalirarian

You are seperating people into clasifications not the idea, the many are the human race not a specific gender, race, sexuality etc.
Don't understand your reply, but I am not classifying anybody, merely giving an example of where this utilitarian idea could lead. Try reading Bentham, then Mill.
PS EDIT. If the many are the human race, who are the few?

Don't understand your reply, but I am not classifying anybody, merely giving an example of where this utilitarian idea could lead. Try reading Bentham, then Mill.
PS EDIT. If the many are the human race, who are the few?

A few of the humam race of no specific ethnicity, sexuality.

And it wasn't a utalitarian comment, it was a reply to a silly thread on a football forum off topic, that you took it seriously is quite strange to me.

A few of the humam race of no specific ethnicity, sexuality.

And it wasn't a utalitarian comment, it was a reply to a silly thread on a football forum off topic, that you took it seriously is quite strange to me.
Ok

Wow that suddenly got deep. I was going to pm someone to explain it but then I went to the pub instead.

1. You shall have no other Gods but me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
  4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
  5. Respect your father and mother.
  6. You must not commit murder.
  7. You must not commit adultery.
  8. You must not steal.
  9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
  10. You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Number 6 is a tad on the Pot Kettle Black spectrum but everything else appears in order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.