Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't have a lot to do last night as did most in defence but still not convinced by him, there's a mistake in every game he plays in. His passing is nowhere near the rest of the full backs. He needs to be moved on come the end of the season and replaced.

Can't agree, passing wise I don't think he's worse than Stones who hasn't improved on that front in years. There's also nowhere near a mistake in every game he plays.

Didn't have a lot to do last night as did most in defence but still not convinced by him, there's a mistake in every game he plays in. His passing is nowhere near the rest of the full backs. He needs to be moved on come the end of the season and replaced.
It's been repeated he has a mistake in every game so often now people think it's true,he does many good things every game,what was his mistake last night?

It's been repeated he has a mistake in every game so often now people think it's true,he does many good things every game,what was his mistake last night?

He could have virtually pulled out a deck chair and a cracked open a cold one last night, but there was a misplaced pass that came to nothing. He doesn't have the composure and that is what leads to his mistakes like misplaced passing.

He could have virtually pulled out a deck chair and a cracked open a cold one last night, but there was a misplaced pass that came to nothing. He doesn't have the composure and that is what leads to his mistakes like misplaced passing.
All players make bad passes,kev did loads last night,nico made a very good clean tackle in the penalty area last night

I bet you even keep a little black book that contains dates, opposition and the time in mins and seconds he makes such bad passes. He was absolute crap on Sat and played well last night, that in itself is a huge positive for us. You clearly have a downer on him, but to start micro analysing his misplaced passes & tackles to make a point is a tad sad imo

He’s a good CB when he’s playing alongside a leader. Put him next to Vinny, Laporte or even Fern and he’ll do a good job.

Put him next to a non-commanding CB and he’s shite. That’s why he isn’t very good next to Stones or for Argentina.

The problem for him is that Stones is the better player and unless Stones is injured, I really don’t see why he should be starting for us.

He’s a good CB when he’s playing alongside a leader. Put him next to Vinny, Laporte or even Fern and he’ll do a good job.

Put him next to a non-commanding CB and he’s shite. That’s why he isn’t very good next to Stones or for Argentina.

The problem for him is that Stones is the better player and unless Stones is injured, I really don’t see why he should be starting for us.
He has gone from 4th choice to the only CB we have,he will be better the more he plays,we need to get behind him

No he s not..

He has gone from 4th choice to the only CB we have,he will be better the more he plays,we need to get behind him

He’s a 31 year old international CB, not a kid.

He should be more than ready to hold his own in the first team. The fact that Dinho has looked far more accomplished at CB in his 45 mins against Brighton and 90 against Shakhtar is a damning indictment of his current ability.

I’ll still cheer him at the games and get behind him but that doesn’t change the fact that I think he is a luxury player who we cannot rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.