Kalidou Koulibaly

I don't think we will move for him , good player that he is , but will probably move for somebody younger who has the potential for the future.

I'm not an expert but I'm sure that those who watch plenty of games will know the sort of player we will be checking out.

Im pretty sure a new CB is needed.We play such a high line and i think we have one of the slowest CB pairing atm.Were exposed once again yesterday and rushing Ederson and some luck saved us.
Could always play with Walker in a back 3.

Ederson

Walker---Fernandinho---Otamendi
Cancelo----------------------------------Zinchenko
Rodri
De Bruyne------------Silva
Sterling-------Aguero​

World Class CBs are becoming rarer and rarer, especially with a seeming trade-off with defensive ability and the modern requirements of passing both long and short, playing from the back, starting attacks and being calm under pressure/pressing without just 'hoofing it out'. It seems he has all this in spades, and is physical enough to be great in the PL. However, he'd probably cost over £100mil and has shown no indication he wants to leave. Depends on how Stones/Otamendi fare over the coming season, but 28 doesn't align with our transfer policy.

World Class CBs are becoming rarer and rarer, especially with a seeming trade-off with defensive ability and the modern requirements of passing both long and short, playing from the back, starting attacks and being calm under pressure/pressing without just 'hoofing it out'. It seems he has all this in spades, and is physical enough to be great in the PL. However, he'd probably cost over £100mil and has shown no indication he wants to leave. Depends on how Stones/Otamendi fare over the coming season, but 28 doesn't align with our transfer policy.

Sometimes you need to deviate from the standard policy. He’s one of the best in the world.

The market is crazy Skriniar will cost £80m minimum and Koulibaly is twice the player albeit older. He’s also a leader something we currently miss and something that is hard to find.

Ederson

Rodri
Sterling-------Aguero​

Mendy would suit that system - if he was fit

Ederson

Rodri
Sterling-------Aguero​
If we play a back 3 I can't see Zinchenko playing. Mendy or Angeliño would both be better suited to a wingback role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.