God didnt know what he was talking about.

The day of rest has to be different for everyone. If it was same the day for everyone then no one could do anything as everything would be shut, no public transport etc etc.

I remember Sunday afternoons in the '70s and early '80s. Mind-numbingly boring.

i remember my dad sending me out to get a Sunday newspaper. All the shops on the high street were closed, and it was just some bloke selling newspapers out of the back of his car on a pub car park.

I think, with hindsight, most of us would agree that a few of the 10 commandments completely missed the mark.

1-4 certainly seem like 'somebody' (#3) had some image issues.
  1. You shall have no other Gods but me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
  4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
  5. Respect your father and mother.
  6. You must not commit murder.
  7. You must not commit adultery.
  8. You must not steal.
  9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
  10. You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.
Anyway, here's your opportunity (via bluemoon) to become a Moses for the next few generations.

With the benefit of hindsight, what should God have told us humans, to really address humanity's big issues.

I'd say the following 3 have some arguable merit, but the rest need replacing.

1 - don't kill anyone unless they really deserve it (a climber from #6).
2 - don't steal stuff other people worked hard and legally to get (effectively up from number 8).
3 - respect ma and pa...unless they don't deserve it. (I've seen a lot of parents who patently don't deserve their kids respect).

i think:
1) thou shall get thoust own house in order firstly, before attending to the houses of others....

... May have been a good start :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.