Champions league draw 29th August 2019 - Group C (Shakhtar, Zagreb, Atalanta)

Nothing to do with the high cost of planes more to do that they would of run at a loss.
Correct, and City not even trying to help getting blues there either, luckily enough plucky blues will sort themselves out, and cheaper than TC would have done I expect. Its a trip I'd have done again, at a nicer time of year too, it was such a good trip despite the result, but unfortunately there was no way I could get long enough off work at such short notice, despite being partially retired.

Would love to hear our seasoncard representative's views on this entirely predictable situation.

Correct, and City not even trying to help getting blues there either, luckily enough plucky blues will sort themselves out, and cheaper than TC would have done I expect. Its a trip I'd have done again, at a nicer time of year too, it was such a good trip despite the result, but unfortunately there was no way I could get long enough off work at such short notice, despite being partially retired.

We didn’t have enough Blues wanting to go from Manchester to fill a Tommy Cook’s plane. The Club has subsidised previous flights by paying for Corporate friends to go on the Tommy Cook’s chartered plane.

In past year’s I’ve had good service from both Tommy’s Cook’s and Spike’s. I would travel again with both of them. I don’t see why either organisation should run flights sat a loss.

We didn’t have enough Blues wanting to go from Manchester to fill a Tommy Cook’s plane.
We would have had more had there been a plane laid on, the problem is at this time of year TC's planes are busy, and there probably are very few available to charter. I'm no big fan of TC anyway, but I still feel the club could have done more, a small plane (small 737 or similar - say 150 seats) out and back the same day from Manchester might have been full or nearly full, who knows ?

Anyway well done to all those who did make the trip, especially anyone who's 3rd trip it was there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.