Favourite car growing up.

Opal Manta

1974 and our neighbours down the road had a brand new Opel Manta in lime green, while we had a tan (or more accurately a pale shit brown) Morris Marina. Don't think I've ever recovered from that particular embarrassment.

Always wanted a P1800 Volvo (as driven by Roger Moore in The Saint) or a Karmann Ghia.

Jensen Interceptor, ever since showing up to City training at Maine Road and seeing one of the player’s on the forecourt!

Also, soft spot for the Jags, esp the Mark 2.

One of the rings in the audi emblem denotes NSU...faster you went quieter it went...do 60 in first...unbelievable sensation

then rotor wear made it break down and NSU went bust trying to honour the warranty claims. Many lived on using a Ford v4 engine which seeing that its USP was the Wankel motor its funny that in the end the shape was the endearing thing so people just gave it a heart transplant so it could live on.

My favourite, though we never had one, was the 2CV. Come the day that which is my birthright arrives (National Lottery jackpot rollover) I am having one made - just for matchdays! Advance notice: I park on Blue Car Park for matchdays!

I have had two 2CV's and a Dyane over the years - great cars though I doubt I'd go back now just because the noise etc would spoil my rose tinted memories. I painted the Dyane desertcam over a weekend in a mates garage the main reason being he had bought a paint sprayer and wanted to try it out lol.

I suppose its when you grew up and what aspirations were - I mean I had been driving a few years when some of these dream cars like Cosworths came along. As a kid and from my background my favourite car was any we could afford lol. I have some faves I can look back on that I owned but that isn't really the original question.

Ice-cream-van-010.jpg

then rotor wear made it break down and NSU went bust trying to honour the warranty claims. Many lived on using a Ford v4 engine which seeing that its USP was the Wankel motor its funny that in the end the shape was the endearing thing so people just gave it a heart transplant so it could live on.

Similar with Triumph Stags. Although much less revolutionary than the NSU in design, some had Rover V8 engine transplants to overcome serious reliability issues.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.