Justin Trudeau

It’s a no win really, if he blacks up he’s a racist, if he doesn’t then his fancy dress is shit. Even if he’s goes as Shrek someone somewhere would probably take offence.

Didn’t someone get in trouble not so long ago for allowing their child to dress up as Pocahontas? Then someone else said Mary Poppins was racist?

Kinkladze 1 is correct though, Obama wouldn’t get the same reaction if went to a fancy dress party as Pinocchio.

The lesson here is if you want to stay safe when going to a fancy dress party then go as a famous ginger. Gingers are fair game. Even the SJW’s don’t stick up for the gingers.
Ha ha funny mate. You don’t post often enough!

Can anyone honestly say that they have taken offence to him blacking up for a fancy dress party 20yrs ago?...

Blacked or not Trudeau was about to lose the election. Left wingers are succumbing to nationalistic populists like Trump, Salvina and Oban. People have started to realise that left wing policies put you at war with reality

As a brown person, i don't think him 'brown-facing' as they've called it is racist, but your take on it is wrong. A white person black-facing has a lot of history behind it, the connotations surrounding it were/are not positive so comparing it to a white person doing the same thing is a poor take IMHO. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way though..
I can certainly see how some would not like this, especially the ones racist towards whites who will have a field day, you have to admit. as well as the opposition parties.
we certainly would not(i hope) do this today, but that was about 20 yrs ago this happened, not that that is a great excuse, but times were different, but sometimes history doesn't matter.
what was the intent at this time? was it done as hurtful or a fun costume thing? common sense should be used.
i'm canadian, but i'm not a trudeau supporter, nor am i a Liberal(as in their party philosophy anyway) but i don't think it was out of line going by the looks of the pictures and those in them. At one place he did it it was guested by East Indians in turbans and some of those who were there have spoken that they saw nothing wrong at the time and still don't. If it was truly bad and not just a costume thing it would have been brought up a long time ago, and just not conveniently now as part of last ditch effort smear campaign with less than a month to go before the election.

Last edited:
It’s not racist in the slightest in my opinion. The world has gone fucking mad.

If you don’t think blackface is racist, you are most likely ignorant to its historical, cultural, background.

That said, the man has blacked up, donned a t-shirt depicting a bunch of bananas, then stuck something down his pants to make it look like he had an oversized penis.

You don’t think that is racist?

On one hand I feel sorry for him - this was about three decades ago when I'm sure he was as most of us were as teenagers/ early 20's being a dick. Also, I don't for one minute think this has been dug up and published now in order to make a stand against racism - it's clearly political maneuvering by his opponents in the press/politics.
Having said that, having put himself on such a high politically correct pedestal he deserves exposed as a hypocrite at least even if he's not an out and out racist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.