Favourite car growing up.

Beautiful car, hankered after a 928 years ago but ended up with a 944 S2 which I have still got.

That's a sweet car as well. I had a neighbor when I was in high school who had one - was my first experience driving a Porsche. I'm a bonafide liberal wanting an alternative to fossil fuel cars which makes Porsche's new Taycan an interesting option down the line although it's at a pricepoint I would be unlikely to convince my wife to be on board with. But the good is that more & more fuel alternative cars are being developed

That's a sweet car as well. I had a neighbor when I was in high school who had one - was my first experience driving a Porsche. I'm a bonafide liberal wanting an alternative to fossil fuel cars which makes Porsche's new Taycan an interesting option down the line although it's at a pricepoint I would be unlikely to convince my wife to be on board with. But the good is that more & more fuel alternative cars are being developed
There's lots of people that reckon it is better for the environment just driving our old cars and stopping altogether the production of new ones. I am a petrolhead so I like to agree with them :-)

Beautiful car, hankered after a 928 years ago but ended up with a 944 S2 which I have still got.
Fantastic car, they were cheap to buy second hand about 25 years ago. Top Gear did a piece saying these would be a great investment. How right they were, Classic,now worth a fortune in decent condition. My mate (owns a garage) bought a H reg Golf for 2k around 5 years ago, did a bit of restoration of the mechanics and bodywork and sold for £9k about 2 years later. I sold my old Boxter just yesterday, was like waving goodbye to an emigrating family member.

I have had two 2CV's and a Dyane over the years - great cars though I doubt I'd go back now just because the noise etc would spoil my rose tinted memories. I painted the Dyane desertcam over a weekend in a mates garage the main reason being he had bought a paint sprayer and wanted to try it out lol.

I went looking for one at a garage in Oldham. Got in the driver's seat and couldn't work out HTF I got the door open from the inside. I had to climb in the back and open one of the back doors! I ended up with a Citroen Ami Super. Fantastic car for the engine size. Had this unique Citroen suspension like two bloody great shock absorbers under each side of the car but lined with the stuff they made brake linings from. It started braying like a fuckin' donkey when you arrived at traffic lights, even with gentle braking. I remember the controls - everything, absolutely everything, was contained in a pod stuck on the side of the steering column like a can of beans. I often say to Mrs Ewing whenever we get to La Poubelle France that I have ten euros that sez we see a Citroen Ami Super before we get back. We never do! But 2CVs? France is still stuffed with 'em!

Tell me about it, I sold my Triumph Stag after enjoying it for quite a few years and had to hold the tears back as it disappeared into the distance. I have owned my 944 for over 15 years now, if I ever part with it I think I would arrange to be out when it was picked up.
Fantastic car, they were cheap to buy second hand about 25 years ago. Top Gear did a piece saying these would be a great investment. How right they were, Classic,now worth a fortune in decent condition. My mate (owns a garage) bought a H reg Golf for 2k around 5 years ago, did a bit of restoration of the mechanics and bodywork and sold for £9k about 2 years later. I sold my old Boxter just yesterday, was like waving goodbye to an emigrating family member.

Tell me about it, I sold my Triumph Stag after enjoying it for quite a few years and had to hold the tears back as it disappeared into the distance. I have owned my 944 for over 15 years now, if I ever part with it I think I would arrange to be out when it was picked up.
Had mine for 4 summers, really looked after it and only 69k miles, the guy I sold to knew way more about cars than I do. He spotted the air con wasn’t working to full power, said he’d have it if I got that issue sorted, needed new condensers so had them done with a regas, £300, add to the other selling costs came in at £500 to get a divorce!

I went looking for one at a garage in Oldham. Got in the driver's seat and couldn't work out HTF I got the door open from the inside. I had to climb in the back and open one of the back doors! I ended up with a Citroen Ami Super. Fantastic car for the engine size. Had this unique Citroen suspension like two bloody great shock absorbers under each side of the car but lined with the stuff they made brake linings from. It started braying like a fuckin' donkey when you arrived at traffic lights, even with gentle braking. I remember the controls - everything, absolutely everything, was contained in a pod stuck on the side of the steering column like a can of beans. I often say to Mrs Ewing whenever we get to La Poubelle France that I have ten euros that sez we see a Citroen Ami Super before we get back. We never do! But 2CVs? France is still stuffed with 'em!

Was that an Ami or a Visa? I thoght the Ami had conventional ( for a Citroen ) stalk controls whereas the Visa ( and the GSA ) had the rotating pod things?

Ice-cream-van-010.jpg

Probably mine too, apart from when we went on holiday. Then it was usually this.
AA_2934296b-large_trans%2B%2BpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Lost count of the number of times we had to call them from the side of the motorway. Smoke billowing from the engine and my mum asking my dad all sorts of helpful, technical questions like, "Has one of the wheels fell off ?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.