Metrolink users

It always seems to City games disrupted by planned engineering works.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between how City and United games have been disrupted by these planned works?
We have an under-serviced, one sole platform, at one stop, at the Etihad and United are now having a third station opening next to their ground (Old Trafford, Exchange Quay and now Wharfside) on their third line (Alty, Eccles and now Trafford Centre).

Also, if you go to the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford you get free Metrolink travel there with your match ticket.

That’ll be because none of the top brass decision makers will ever have travelled across the service at key times.

They will never have been on the Alty line and seen how mentally packed it is on a Tuesday morning or for a City home game. They will never have travelled back to Alty after a City game and therefore not experienced not being able to get on the last single unit Met of the day’s service and have to get a taxi home.

Them cancelling the direct Met from Alty to the Etihad on matchdays and putting on single units back to Alty from Town later on after night games shows how fucking clueless they are.

The Altrincham line is one of the busiest yet they don't put enough trams on or double carriages. Whenever I catch it the thing is rammed even on non match days. They have decimated or taken out of service the buses running on routes the tram serves so you are forced to use it. This is okay if you live a few minutes walk from a tram stop or can get a connecting bus but that isn't always the case. I'm surprised somebody hasn't started up a limited stop express bus service to Piccadilly from Altrincham to compete. If we also had proper bus lanes that sailed through traffic more people would use them. On match days, especially at night, an entrepreneur could run a service to the stadium. Maybe stopping at Timperly, Sale and Stretford only I'm sure there is a demand if enough people knew about it.

The Altrincham line is one of the busiest yet they don't put enough trams on or double carriages. Whenever I catch it the thing is rammed even on non match days. They have decimated or taken out of service the buses running on routes the tram serves so you are forced to use it. This is okay if you live a few minutes walk from a tram stop or can get a connecting bus but that isn't always the case. I'm surprised somebody hasn't started up a limited stop express bus service to Piccadilly from Altrincham to compete. If we also had proper bus lanes that sailed through traffic more people would use them. On match days, especially at night, an entrepreneur could run a service to the stadium. Maybe stopping at Timperly, Sale and Stretford only I'm sure there is a demand if enough people knew about it.
That's a great idea. The bad thing about the 247 is that it takes over an hour to get to Town as you pretty much stop at every stop. Imagine how popular a bus service that went from Alty to Sale to Firswood to Hulme to Town with just those five stops...

That's a great idea. The bad thing about the 247 is that it takes over an hour to get to Town as you pretty much stop at every stop. Imagine how popular a bus service that went from Alty to Sale to Firswood to Hulme to Town with just those five stops...

263 I think you mean. They won't do it as they will consider the tram as the express service and the 263 as more community based stopping everywhere. Going home from night games it is a more pleasant experience and you get a seat no problem. It isn't as frustrating due to there being less traffic on the roads but not much quicker as the driver has to stick to his schedule.

We have an under-serviced, one sole platform, at one stop, at the Etihad and United are now having a third station opening next to their ground (Old Trafford, Exchange Quay and now Wharfside) on their third line (Alty, Eccles and now Trafford Centre).

Also, if you go to the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford you get free Metrolink travel there with your match ticket.
Poor transport links discourage some supporters staying until the end. I have a fast pass metro ticket but there's huge queues for the standard metro ticket. The service continues to get worse not better!

263 I think you mean. They won't do it as they will consider the tram as the express service and the 263 as more community based stopping everywhere. Going home from night games it is a more pleasant experience and you get a seat no problem. It isn't as frustrating due to there being less traffic on the roads but not much quicker as the driver has to stick to his schedule.
Sorry, yes, that's the one.

Sorry, yes, that's the one.

The 247 has actually reintroduced the late night service Monday to Saturday which is a godsend for night games. I think it leaves Altrincham at 23:25 and terminates at Partington. This saves me a 25 minute walk home or a £10 taxi fare.

It’s fucking rubbish. It slow and there is so much dead-space with the stupid design.

One of the problems coming away from the ground is that everyone uses the same road I.e people, cars busses and trams

Poor transport links discourage some supporters staying until the end. I have a fast pass metro ticket but there's huge queues for the standard metro ticket. The service continues to get worse not better!
Where do people get off as a matter of interest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.