Thomas Cook

I'm due to fly to New York in November with them, what happens if they go under?
I'd hazard a guess that if they do go under you you won't be flying with them. Funnily enough I was looking to book a flight with them to New York in November the other day but thought I'd wait & see what happens.

We always travel independently Bob, more often than not considerably cheaper. Thomsons/TUI has turned to rat shit since it became TUI, the only thing of value they do are the cruises.

I think from a customer services aspect TUI are beginning to border on the woeful and need to step up to the mark but they certainly offer value for money over their competitors. Whenever we can do we travel independently using Sky-scanner and Trivago to cobble together jollies but October time for some reason is a rather expensive time to fly and our recent searches for Tenerife came up with nothing less than £200-£220 for a return without the extra £100 for suitcases. The digs in Golf Del Sur and Cristiano's were very reasonable at £60-£70 a day but after factoring in the flights, cases and transfers we were on a hiding to nowhere. Even mainland Europe Greece and Turkey were showing ridiculous prices so we chose a package deal with TUI because it was cheaper to sit on a Mexican beach all-inc than have a DIY jobbie. However the good thing about DIY is the flexibility afforded for timings duration and also to take us off the beaten track. I only just realized today that Thomas Cook are now Germans like TUI and if they sadly do go under then there will be some frenetic bidding with TUI leading the charge to gobble up all their routes and planes.

So does someone else take over the flights or do i need to re-book with another airline?
Depends what happens. They could get taken over, in whcih case you should still be able to travel as normal, or they'll go out of business, in which case you'll have to re-book (although you should get your money back).

Well this is the non football real world where money needs to be invested to satisfy the banks worries about the close season (winter in this case).
ADUG don't seem to have much luck re sponsorship from airlines and our experience on the Chinese pre season tour was shall we say perhaps an indication of things to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.