Metrolink users

The tram service for the Altrincham line on match days is a disgrace. They put on too many single trams which can't cope with the demand, leading to overcrowding and arguments amongst passengers trying to get on. Metrolink then end up having to terminate trams at Trafford Bar or Timperley and sending them back in to town to deal with the demand.

As other people have said the 'planned works' never coincide with United home games...

Whilst I'm ranting, what's the deal with the roofs of the tram stops obscuring the view of the information screens unless your right underneath them?! Sums up their incompetence.

So are they running to and from Piccadilly tomorrow ?
Yes.

Alty line terminates at Old Trafford
Airport+East Didsbury lines terminate at Firswood
Eccles line is closed

Bus replacement services will run from OT/Fw/Ecc into Town.

Trams on the Ashton line will run to Bury rather than Eccles and services from Rochdale and Oldham will terminate at Exchange Square. So do not wait at Deansgate-Castlefirld or St Peter's Sq for an Ashton Met as there won't be any.

But Piccadilly-Etihad will not be affected.

Yes.

Alty line terminates at Old Trafford
Airport+East Didsbury lines terminate at Firswood
Eccles line is closed

Bus replacement services will run from OT/Fw/Ecc into Town.

Trams on the Ashton line will run to Bury rather than Eccles and services from Rochdale and Oldham will terminate at Exchange Square. So do not wait at Deansgate-Castlefirld or St Peter's Sq for an Ashton Met as there won't be any.

But Piccadilly-Etihad will not be affected.
Cheers

I have never used the tram and I don't drive, buses trains and walking and you're good to go.

We have an under-serviced, one sole platform, at one stop, at the Etihad and United are now having a third station opening next to their ground (Old Trafford, Exchange Quay and now Wharfside) on their third line (Alty, Eccles and now Trafford Centre).

Also, if you go to the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford you get free Metrolink travel there with your match ticket.

They also have an actual train station stop at the ground too

If you use the canal route don’t follow it all the way to ground from town as it goes everywhere !
Get of it where there’s a road bridge over it and walk from there.

Does anyone ever get their ticket checked? I must’ve used it between Droylsden and town ten times over a weekend and was never asked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.