When the Gods didn’t smile on us

Boro did not have a single shot in this game and beat us 0-1

The 1937-38 season

Champions in 1936-37, we were the 37-38 league’s top scorers with 80 goals, won more games than the four teams above us, yet conceded 77 goals, lost 20 games and got relegated.

The only time the Champions have ever been relegated.

Some would think we are on course the repeat the feat following the Norwich game ;-)

Think it was about 1981 - League Cup SF home leg v Liverpool. Late in the game 'Pool player clearly dived for a free-kick. As the shot was taken Sammy Lee ran behind our wall dragged a City defender to the ground leaving a gap and the only goal was scored. I was behind the goal and saw Lee with a massive grin on his face.
Referee missed the dive, missed the pull and probably missed his bus home.
I still shout at the TV when Lee is on the touch line yelling and frothing. So fat he is now, result of a big mouth-hole and small bum-hole

Think it was about 1981 - League Cup SF home leg v Liverpool. Late in the game 'Pool player clearly dived for a free-kick. As the shot was taken Sammy Lee ran behind our wall dragged a City defender to the ground leaving a gap and the only goal was scored. I was behind the goal and saw Lee with a massive grin on his face.
Referee missed the dive, missed the pull and probably missed his bus home.
I still shout at the TV when Lee is on the touch line yelling and frothing. So fat he is now, result of a big mouth-hole and small bum-hole

Yeah and Alf BASTARD Grey disallowed Reeves goal for a non existent foul... Was on the Kippax for that and at klanfield for 2 nd leg and Bennett hit underside of bar and came back out... Was very tasty outside and on way back to our transport home

Every time we play another English side in the Champions League.

Hopefully we'll break the hoodoo this season. Or better still they're all knocked out before we can meet them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.