Your very first car

Ford Cortina 1500 cross flow engine in brown, had it about a week, a thieving twat nicked it outside a club where I was watching Jackie Rea and Eddie Charlton play an exhibition snooker match. Got it back a few days later, never the same, been thrashed to fuck and they trashed the radio.

Ford Anglia in 1974, reg 3287 NE. My uncle's father-in-law gave it to me, as he had to stop driving. 600 miles in 6 months as a learner, then 6000 miles in the next, after passing my test. Gave it to my brother when I went upmarket (Mk2 Cortina!). After it's final journey to the scrapyard (had to push the last 100 yards), I found out that my uncle's fil had died earlier that day! Spooky, or what?

Triumph Herald, given to me at 17 by my uncle, and no wonder, I pushed the fucking thing more than I drove it.

280px-Triumph_Herald_1200_first_registered_April_1964_1147cc.jpg

Same colour as this,when they were straight, they were great to drive, but mine was totally shagged.

ADZ 2941 I think, a 1985 Fiat Uno 70SX 5-door in white with loads of rust. First and only car I've ever owned where it was advisable to carry a replacement coil, HT leads and distributor cap at all times. Was a truly dreadful car - didn't like puddles - but still better than the bus.

One year old Ford Anglia 105E bought from main Ford dealer Quicks? in Ashton under Lyne for £400 reg 30 VTJ.
Kept it until the doors literally rusted off then scrapped it off. Remember grinding in the valves periodically of the engine and adding windscreen washers as an extra later in its life.

ADZ 2941 I think, a 1985 Fiat Uno 70SX 5-door in white with loads of rust. First and only car I've ever owned where it was advisable to carry a replacement coil, HT leads and distributor cap at all times. Was a truly dreadful car - didn't like puddles - but still better than the bus.

When Fiats of that era did run, their top speed improved each year. This was on account of aerodynamic perforation combined with weight loss through rusting. Alfa and Lancia ditto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.