David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Really, what is an aged player that goes to China, USA or Japan at the end of his career called if he plays for any other team than City?

I said my bit, I love David Silva and as reported a couple of years back he wanted to finish his contract and go back home and that is what I would prefer, again sorry for having a fucking opinion different than your own.
Does Silva get a say in this?

Was Lampard, a disaster for them? i remember some hurrah about the loan to us but seem recall him doing pretty well for them, his stats certainly seem OK 15 goals in 29 appearances.

His first season was awful, his second season he was v. good on the pitch, but only started 15 games all season so it was still pretty much a waste.

If you look at the best designated players in the MLS now, it's people like Josef Martinez, Pity Martinez or Carlos Vela - people who were not global superstars, but are way too good for MLS and the right side of 30.

Was Lampard, a disaster for them? i remember some hurrah about the loan to us but seem recall him doing pretty well for them, his stats certainly seem OK 15 goals in 29 appearances.
He came good in the end I guess, but was widely considered a disaster for the first two seasons there. He only even played ten games over the course of those first two partly because we kept him on loan when he was supposed to go back to NYC (a move that didn't exactly endear the CFG to it's new fans here). Here's a decent recap:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/frank-lampard-nycfc-worst-signing-in-mls-history

Also, I don't care at about NYCFC, but from what I can tell there's not a huge amount of crossover between people who primarily support NYCFC and then also follow City. I don't think too many people would care if David went to Miami.

Who'd have thoughtit, eh! An ex rag using the 'Utd pre season ticket sales rule book'. Wonder if Wesley is sigining too?

Last edited:
Pretty sure any MLS franchise would be all over this, Merlins game is not based on speed or strength and all about brains and intelligence, so shouldn't decline too swiftly. Don't get me wrong, David obviously benefits from the players around him here, but he would still grace the american league for a season or two, and if he had hinted he's prepared to travel over the pond,that the CFG would at least put an offer his way.Maybe the southern sunshine is more appealing!

His first season was awful, his second season he was v. good on the pitch, but only started 15 games all season so it was still pretty much a waste.

If you look at the best designated players in the MLS now, it's people like Josef Martinez, Pity Martinez or Carlos Vela - people who were not global superstars, but are way too good for MLS and the right side of 30.

Being a AUFC ST holder, I would only disagree with Pity Martinez here, who I think has been awful quite frankly, especially for the money paid! Joef on the other hand, being 25, would be a great signing for the bar-codes where he would li

David Silva’s entourage have denied the report claiming the midfielder had agreed to join Inter Miami next summer. His new destination remains unconfirmed. Silva has several options, but Miami is not one of the options ‘most considered’ by him. [@SPORT via @Sport_Witness]

Told ya

BRILLIANT!! I was dreading it Kaz……… Beckhams footie equivalent of The Harlem Globetrotters is already a media circus over here and I would have hated for Merlin to go there, of all places~

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he's been brilliant for us and it's quite obvious he's not the player he once was.
Thanks for everything Dave
To be fair he was our best player in the first four games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.