Best type of dog

We've got a 7 year old Manchester terrier. Absolutely stunning dog. Everyone comments on him when he's out on walks. They all think he's a miniature doberman. He's happy to just sit on the settee all day or go chasing a ball about for hours.

As a kid, my old fella had a Manchester terrier called Peter. He took it ratting along the Mersey, it got bit first time it went for a rat, yelped and ran off home. Said it wouldn’t go anywhere near the river after that.

Manchester Terrier
manchester-terrier-ap-0gfvbd-645-x-380.jpg

Tamaskan
46260cg9enz11.jpg

Belgian Malinois/German Shepherd cross
Belgian-Malinois-Sitting.jpg

Basenji
1-standforward.jpg

also did you know that any of a litter of Rhodesian Ridgebacks that don’t have a ridge on its back they cull?

so if you’re ever thinking of getting a dog get one of the poor bloody ridgeless Rhodeisians!
nkk0nu63j2dz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to go down the pretentious route try a Cocker crossed with Poodle ( cockerpoo ) or a Labradoodle ( labrador/poodle ),Springerdor, Badgerpoo, etc etc I tell these sort we have a Bullterrier/Shitzu cross and no one has twigged so far......Winds me up to some tune, you've just paid £600 for a fucking mongrel, live with it.

Rant over and apologies to any blues with a Miniature Great Dane.

FB_IMG_1565861553059_zpswjfanliz.jpg

Our 5 month old Springer. She is so well behaved, clever and very funny. I didn't want a dog in the house, but gave in to peer pressure (the missus) and I'm glad I did.
Best decision we have made in years.

Last edited:
My cousin has a few whippets. Very easy to manage and happy in their own for long periods.

Was just going to say Greyhounds or Whippets. Absolutely fantastic pets, great with kids, not too bright but docile rather than destructive (just don’t leave food lying around). One good walk a day and they are well happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.