#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why won't he let him go on loan? And if you say because he is part of the squad I will laugh in your face. He's no more part of this squad than the kit man.
He won't let him go on loan because he thinks his development is better served with us.

It's as simple as that.

You assuming Foden feels exactly the same way you do about his development - do you know him personally?

Foden's comments in the press say all you need to know. He wants more football and there is no chance he is happy watching his mates play first team football and get England call ups while he is the water boy.

And why won't he let him go on loan? And if you say because he is part of the squad I will laugh in your face. He's no more part of this squad than the kit man.
Why do you think he doesn't want him to go on loan, just for a laugh ? My guess is he think its more benefit to player and to the squad for him to stay.
Now Pep and Txiki could be wrong and you right, it’s possible I suppose. Not likely though.

Foden's comments in the press say all you need to know. He wants more football and there is no chance he is happy watching his mates play first team football and get England call ups while he is the water boy.
It has been agreed that he stay with the U21 where he starts and develops,there is little chance he will play for the senior team very much,not whilst the likes of henderson are still playing

So why didn't he put a transfer request in last summer?

We have no idea what his development roadmap looks like but I suspect however, Foden has and whilst he obviously wants to play, he may be content at the end game rather than the short termism some seem to want for him

So why didn't he put a transfer request in last summer?

We have no idea what his development roadmap looks like but I suspect however, Foden has and whilst he obviously wants to play, he may be content at the end game rather than the short termism some seem to want for him
Yep he has seen the plans for him and has just signed a 6 yr contract,that would suggest he is happy,pep wanted him to be more assertive and he has responded,let's see what happens next

Maybe Phil isn't good enough to replace any of the players we have on the books? Pep will play him when he believes he is ready, I for one am not that interested where our players come from because that Horse bolted years ago.

Maybe you're not but a good majority of fans care and for the football club, it's far more of an ideal hence Khaldoon's comments regarding integrating youth players. I think he is good enough based on what we've seen of him both at club level and internationally. The lack of opportunity is the worrying aspect and been an overarching narrative at the club.

His comments suggest he's keen to get more chances, not that he thinks his future would be better served elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.