Premier League Games 20/21/22 Sept

The point for me about VAR is when is the ball deemed to be off the player because the line that I saw the ball was away from the foot when I understand the ball is deemed to be played forward when the players foot moves forward not the ball

I think both of your feet or all of a player should be offside to be called offside.

Players have trained their whole careers in timing runs and being level always meant level enough to be seen as having doubt and giving the attacker the benefit of the doubt.

The ball can be 99% over the line but if the whole ball isn’t over the line it’s not a goal/not out of play.

Plus can VAR always time it to the exact moment of impact from the passer?
That’s a great idea tbf.

Eddie Howe doesn't get enough credit for me. Done a brilliant job at Bournemouth.

They should introduce something similar to the umpire’s call that they use in cricket.

That’s a great idea tbf.
If any part of you is onside, you’re onside.

It would be easier to Police, easier to take as an attacker (fans of the attacker) in giving the attacking team the advantage, and wouldn’t have goals chalked off when the game is all about scoring goals.

it was a lot further off that Raz earlier this season, agree though, not clear and obvious. Not sure what the answer is though, if you start to blur the line then it's even more open to abuse than it is now
It’s so difficult to implement, Raz armpit offside? It will go the way if NFL where after 6 years they realised their version of VAR was binned because the fans were well pissed off with it.

If any part of you is onside, you’re onside.

It would be easier to Police, easier to take as an attacker (fans of the attacker) in giving the attacking team the advantage, and wouldn’t have goals chalked off when the game is all about scoring goals.
It’s a fantastic idea....... that’s why we’ll probably never see it adopted. ;)

Southampton have got no presence up front at all

Look how well Heller played the other night, he was everywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.