Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a 31 year old international CB, not a kid.

He should be more than ready to hold his own in the first team. The fact that Dinho has looked far more accomplished at CB in his 45 mins against Brighton and 90 against Shakhtar is a damning indictment of his current ability.

I’ll still cheer him at the games and get behind him but that doesn’t change the fact that I think he is a luxury player who we cannot rely on.
My point is he has barely played these last few months,he is rusty and needs to get up to speed,we have him or 2 untested kids,we need his experience,he is a must right now and he does a lot of good things and imo can be relied on,give him a chance

My point is he has barely played these last few months,he is rusty and needs to get up to speed,we have him or 2 untested kids,we need his experience,he is a must right now and he does a lot of good things and imo can be relied on,give him a chance
The problem is we need him to lead by example but not only is he not a leader hes always capable of mistakes nowadays. We needed to buy someone better back in the summer but now were stuck in this situation until january unless he magically finds his form from 2 years ago. Im hoping that fernandinho becomes what mascherano was for barca and we can hold it together at the back until hes back.

The problem is we need him to lead by example but not only is he not a leader hes always capable of mistakes nowadays. We needed to buy someone better back in the summer but now were stuck in this situation until january unless he magically finds his form from 2 years ago. Im hoping that fernandinho becomes what mascherano was for barca and we can hold it together at the back until hes back.
I think we should have brought someone else but we are where we are,if dinho can stay fit we can get by with the 2 of them,personally i think he doesn't make that many mistakes than anyone else
(everything crossed!)

Barring a purple patch 2 years ago, his City career has been littered with mistakes and recklessness.

The fact he’s lasted so long is a damning indictment of our CB purchasing history and our hand being forced with Kompany opting to depart.

We once conceded a goal because he was doing his hair ffs. I’ll never be confident expecting him to stand up and be the leader at the back.

I think we should have brought someone else but we are where we are,if dinho can stay fit we can get by with the 2 of them,personally i think he doesn't make that many mistakes than anyone else
(everything crossed!)
Him, stones and walker always have a mistake in them usually laporte can cover for it though. Walker can get away with it with his pace as well.

Barring a purple patch 2 years ago, his City career has been littered with mistakes and recklessness.

The fact he’s lasted so long is a damning indictment of our CB purchasing history and our hand being forced with Kompany opting to depart.

We once conceded a goal because he was doing his hair ffs. I’ll never be confident expecting him to stand up and be the leader at the back.
Bar laporte the whole defence is like that right now which is crazy considering the crazy amount of money spent on it. Otamendi bar that period you mention always needed kompany and later laporte. After this season we need to actually fix this defence so were not over reliant on laporte.

our CB purchasing over the years has not been good enough on the whole. I don't think Otamendi and Stones represent value at about £80m. Laporte is the only elite level CB we have to show for our huge CB investments.

Otamendi has good games when he plays next to leader, but nothing special.When he doesn't play alongside leader he is error prone. I don't believe he is good enough for us overall. The fact that Fernandinho looked like he has played years at CB doesn't reflect well on Ota IMO.

What we need is another elite level defender to play alongside Laporte.

In the summer we couldn't shift Otamendi as he only wanted to go to Valencia and they couldn't afford him.

Last edited:
He’s a good CB when he’s playing alongside a leader. Put him next to Vinny, Laporte or even Fern and he’ll do a good job.

Put him next to a non-commanding CB and he’s shite
. That’s why he isn’t very good next to Stones or for Argentina.

The problem for him is that Stones is the better player and unless Stones is injured, I really don’t see why he should be starting for us.
This is just false. And have been proven a thousand times to be false. Yet it gets repeated over and over :(

our CB purchasing over the years has not been good enough on the whole. I don't think Otamendi and Stones represent value at about £80m. Laporte is the only elite level CB we have to show for our huge CB investments.

Otamendi has good games when he plays next to leader, but nothing special.When he doesn't play alongside leader he is error prone. I don't believe he is good enough for us overall. The fact that Fernandinho looked like he has played years at CB doesn't reflect well on Ota IMO.

What we need is another elite level defender to play alongside Laporte.

In the summer we couldn't shift Otamendi as he only wanted to go to Valencia and they couldn't afford him.

Very harsh - Every player who has ever played is "error prone" - they are not software driven

Ota has been for the most a solid and reliable defender who is hardly injured and never hides. We have used him extensively these last two seasons and I know my brain is now old, but we kind of did alright in them :)

good day for Otamendi ,the way he won the ball for the third goal highlights exactly what he is capable of in terms of winning long balls ,two Watford players tried to hold him off, but he beat both of them ,and won the ball cleanly straight to KDB,assist for the fourth goal and scored the 5th ,so he played a big part in the fastest 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.